XB2003 Prosport Bow Eye

David Lanham

Where's a good source to get one? Mine is not looking too good. I replace it awhile back but can remember where I got it.

I think this time I'm going to find someone with smaller forearms to help. I remember replacing it last time and I gouged up my Pop-Eye forearms quite well going through the bow panel; not this time.

Thanks

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ordered one from allison years ago but couldn’t wait, so I bought one at the local marina. Never did put the one from allison in because the hole is a lot smaller than the one I got.

catfish123

The one from Allison may "look better" but with the thickness of it and the small hole size, the normal hook on the winch will destroy it over several years. I put in a more regular Bow eye and it has been just fine. I would never consider going back to the original one.

catfish123

This one fits fine and eliminates the hook "chewing up" the original type where the hole is too small for the winch hook.14537

Last edited:

David Lanham

Where did you get this? I tried to find a U bolt style such as this but couldn't find one with a direct fit.

Thanks

catfish123

Where did you get this? I tried to find a U bolt style such as this but couldn't find one with a direct fit.

Thanks
Not sure David.............I think I just put a search in on the net for stainless steel ubolts................I think it came off a marine site.