xb2003 prop suggestions

bill

Guys I need some help, I bought a 1994 xb2003 with a 1998 200 efi last November and absolutely love it. I am hoping you guys can help me get some more top end out of it. I have an Allison cut 25p trophy prop set at 1/4" below the pad. I have a sporty with 1.75 ratio lower. I am trying to get some more top end and have been stuck at 79mph hitting limiter and trimmed pretty high. I got passed by a gambler last weekend and I did not like that to much!!! HAHA. Anyway, If anyone has any prop or setup suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. This is my first Allison and I am wanting to learn how to get some more top end. Thank you guys
Sincerely Bill

bill

I forgot to add and probably matters, I have 3 batteries, trolling motor and a fair amount of rods, tackle and some tools in the boat as well. Thank you Guys

whipper

27 or 28 pitch props seem money for most setups. They will get you well into the 80,s 1/4 below and trimmed almost regardless of load to some extent of course. 25 is great for shallow take offs and real heavy loads. With a bit of playing around you should be able to get a 27 or 28 to take off pretty flat also though. Todd makes real sweet 27 pitched props. that would be what I would get first. Best of both worlds. bump your limiter to 7300 or so and thats all the pitch youll need.

ROBERT CROSS

X2.....call Todd.

Our stable.
Hydromotive

14 3/4" X 28 R QIV OT

14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT

14 1/2” X 24R QIV OT Round Ear

---------------------------------------------------

xb03fs

He has 1.75 instead of 1.87...does motor have a limiter??? Meet me on the Mississippi tomorrow

skewby

his prop is also an allison cut trophy from billy eaves. its my old prop. great prop just didnt run as good with my offshore mid. glad your lovin the boat i spend a lot of time in that boat. i live next door form roger where you bought it

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've ran a lot of props and several I really like but day to day I find it hard to beat my DAH worked 26 trophy

Mick

bullet that prop is like a unicorn people just her about it
Haha, that's what I bought to fish with and try first.. Always done well with trophys. Btw the Skewby, left the at home today and just ran with the tach. After spending most of the day reading post on how to wheel and ally, I got her up to 63oo. Way to windy and choppy for me to try and push much past that and Pissing lots of folks off with my off shore mid roar on r little pond up here with its 45mph limit! Lol one day she'll come home if only for a week in June for now. That boat has taken over my life, Can't get enough!

2Fast2Pass

With 1.75's you will not want more than a good 26. You'll find everyone has a favorite prop that works for them, but you have to try and find what you like. For the money you cant beat a good drag4 for an all around prop. If you get one, call Ritchie at LeadingEdge 941-720-0710. Tell him to true it up and add a little tip cup as it sound like you run loaded to fish most of the time. Good luck

xb03fs

I dug up an old pm, from rmills that said he has turned the motor 7000...if that's the same Ecu you may just need some motor height or
Some more trim but you have to be careful....every 1/8" of motor height should equal speed increase. Don't forget load balancing as well.

6800 and 8% slip should be 85, may run with less slip than that. Based on how my 200 with modified Ecu ran it would pull really hard to 6000/6200 ish, get it a little trimmed out to get to 6500 and you had to really get the hull outta the to get to 6800/7200.

Should pull that prop 82/83 pretty easy, may have to unload boat a bit to get to 85+ with it

Plan is to be on Mississippi after lunch today feeling out my new to me 250 314-323-6036

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
fastest I ever ran with an 03 was a Mazco RE3 (located in St Louis)

DAH does trophy props? Didn't know that.
Yep. Ran into a guy in California that had his done by DAH and said it ran great. This 26 trophy came with my boat and ran really well but somebody tried to take off in 1.5 ft of water and that was that. Sent it to DAH and it's been my go to prop ever since. It's the one prop that I've let people borrow and I've got 3 or 4 wanting to buy it, lol.

bill

Sorry for not thanking you guys sooner for all of the help, I have been swamped at work. Anyway thank you guys for so much information. It is a little overwhelming with all of the props available. This helps out a lot. Thank you guys.