XB2003 Owners/Operators Manual Wanted

CD Miller

Can anyone help me to locate an Owners/Operators manual for an XB2003?

I've been told that this would be a great read as I am getting ready to begin to learn how to pilot my 1st Allison.

I called the factory today and was told they are out of copy and are not re-printing again until later this year after Darris has freshened it up.

Give me a shout if you have any leads or advice,

Christian

GFinch

Christian,
Call again and ask for "The Little Red Book."
Inless this is the booklet their out of.

GotMyAlly

I'm pretty sure the little red book is the one that is no longer in print.

I loaned mine out a couple times, but my dog has since ate it.

CD Miller

You're correct GotMyAlly, I called this afternoon and there are no "Little Red Books" available through Allison until updates have been written.

If anyone would be kind enough to run a copy, I'll gladly reimburse you for time and expenses.

Christian

bassracer

I sent them cheques twice over the last 2 years for one and never did get one nor a reply- I sure need one

Texan

If this is the document you are looking for, let me know and I'll scan the whole thing and send to you as an attachment in a e-mail, PM or simply post here, if that's okay. It is short....two pages on front and back.

Let me know.

Attachments

bassracer

I'm not sure - it is called the red book - rigging and driving instructions ( ie setup) - suggest perhaps you could scan it and post it here so we can see if it is the one. Thanks

TN XB-21

Texan,

I don't know what you are looking at but the "Allison Boats Performance Handbook" otherwise known as the "Red Book" is 26 pages long counting the last inside page or 27 if you count the last page "cover" that has phone numbers on it. It is very informative on a lot of "stuff" including how to drive.

The last time someone offered to scan it and post it, Kevin rightly pointed out that it has a copyright and should not be copied without prior written permission.

It would seem to me the factory (Darris) ought to put it on his site so his customers could see it download it and use it. Maybe someone could talk to him about doing this for us. Most mfg now have copies of manuals on line for customer use especially the electronics mfg.

FlatOutAlly

The 'Little Red Book' is worth more than any owners manual for any thing you could install in a boat. I'm sure I don't want to infringe a copyright but if Darris would allow, I'd be willing to copy it for those in need.

Texan

It would seem to me the factory (Darris) ought to put it on his site so his customers could see it download it and use it. Maybe someone could talk to him about doing this for us. Most mfg now have copies of manuals on line for customer use especially the electronics mfg.
I'm not close to the factory, logistically or personally for that matter. However, I do agree with Dennis that they should post this on their website for owners to view. Too many of us are second, third or beyond owners of his boats, and these types of manufacturers publications don't get passed on. I'm sure Darris has his opinion on this and a good reason, but maybe a little reasoning should come into play here.

Just my .02. Take it for what you will.

J

John Richied

Whatever happened to the “Jim Barnes” and Cliff post…. hehehe

Yeah run a Trophy prop on your Allison and call Cliff Colborn/FlatOutAlly
he REALLY knows his stuff… 507-253-3247
Cliff is next in line to Jim Barnes in my option... :laughing