Xb2003 Glove box where radio goes

Dondante

Any pics of gloveboxes where the radio goes? I'm going with the round radio the size of a flasher instead. Would love more storage for wallets, keys, phones etc.

skewby

i've always been to chicken to cut any holes. i thought about the the round head unit but was still going to have to cut holes for speakers. so i decided to just mount a head unit and speakers in an old cooler that i store in the rear compartment and just use alligator clips to hook it to the trolling battery. you can set it in the back seat when running then put it on the deck when you get to the sand bar. not to mention i use it in my ranger when trail riding.

GotMyAlly

Do you have to have a head unit? Unless you want to play CD's (which skip badly in rough water) or listen to AM/FM (depending on the lake, signal may be lacking)......a head unit doesn't do you much good. An amp under the deck and a pair of speakers in a speaker box under the front deck works great on either prosport, XB2003 or XB21. All you need is a headphone jack and an on/off switch for the amp. Content provided via sirius or pandora through a cell phone, or mp3's from an ipod.

skewby

most of the time i use a cell or mp3 player hooked into my cooler radio to make sure i have signal

Dondante

Yeah, Im wanting to use USB and Line in. So the Round one is ideal of what im wanting, I am also having a difficult time cutting my boat. Ive Never worried about it in aother boats. I couldnt even drill a hole for a 12v "cig lighter" for charging phones, so I mounted under dash with two screws and a bracket. I have NEVER had a problem cutting other boats! O.O

I think i may mount speakers with boxes under dash somewhere under the deck instead.

An amp under the deck and a pair of speakers in a speaker box under the front deck works great on either prosport, XB2003 or XB21. All you need is a headphone jack and an on/off switch for the amp. Content provided via sirius or pandora through a cell phone, or mp3's from an ipod.
Do you have a pic?

scj

Guys, it's just fiberglass! I cut out for 6x9's in under the front of my 2003 and did the same for my 2+2. Just tape the area off and lay it out on the tape and cut away at it.
Use the correct saw and it's a piece of cake.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Professional-Woodworker-Oscillating-Multifunction-Tool-46665/206728249?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-D25T-PowerTools|&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxI24BRDqqN3f-97N6egBEiQAGv37hOgBqykQxVcfYS9pLjylOqANQM3SFD6fsbOO59CBP3caArjN8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can find them for cheap if you don't need a good one for regular use.

GotMyAlly

If you want a more compact setup than what is pictured above and don't need a 1000w amp, look at this.

http://amzn.to/203K2Tg

That's what I had in my 03. Plenty of sound for floating/fishing/hanging in the beach, but it's only 100w so the motor and wind would drown it out at about 50 mph.