XB2002 Trolling motor removable mounting bracket?

jw3

I installed the same MinnKota QR recommended in the previous post and put a MinnKota Maxxum 70 on my XB2002. I had to make two 8" pins because the single pin that comes with the unit would not work...had to put one pin in from one side and the other pin from the opposite side. Be sure your motor shaft will clear the rub rail before you mount the bracket because there wasn't much room to play with mine. It's a very clean and solid unit once installed.

coronia mike

Well I found the bracket I was looking for. Bob's Machine Shop had it. All that is left on the deck when you remove the trolling motor is two small....3"X3"X1-1/2" high...hard nylon squares. You use two 1/4" pins that hold the brackets that mount to the trolling motor. Very Clean set-up...Thanks To Allisoon Man! I did have to get a coustome made...shortened t-motor shaft so everything looked right. Thanks for the help guys! Mike T.

allison8503

We had made one out of stainless. We cut a peice of stainless plate to the length and width we needed and drilled four holes in it to match the mounting holes on the trolling motor bracket. Then you drill four holes through the front of the deck where you want it to mount. Then weld nuts on the bottom of the plate. Mix you up some marine tech epoxy and cover the flat side of the plate and get a small buddy to crawl underneith the deck to stick it on. While the epoxy is still wet put the trolling bracket on and tighten it up to hold the stainless plate in place while the epoxy dries. Once it dries we drilled one hole in the middle of were the plate is and put a tapered headed bolt in it so it was flush with the top layer of gel and put a big washer, lock washer, and lock nut on the bottom. When its all done all you have on the deck when you remove the trolling motor is four small holes and the head of a stainless phillips head bolt that is flush. Plus it is very strong. We cut a peice of rubber i think a old truck bed mat and epoxed it to the bottom of the trolling motor bracket. That way the trolling motor bracket wouldnt sratch the boat. It was a little work but it was the cleanest that I have ever seen.