XB2002/sportmaster L/U

DragAlly02

I run a coned 200 case on mine now, but had a sporty seem to have to much tail lift. Figured out that I needed to raise it quite a bit more

Mike

skewby

i might sound like an idiot..my first ally... but i have recently just bought an O2 with 9in jack plate and am in the process of mounting a merc 150 efi. is the 9in set back going to be enough and what would be my starting point for engine height with a 200 lower with bobs cone and low water pick up? not really wanting to run WOT much just wanting the best and easiest driving set up. by the way im coming out a pontoon and a jon boat that just had a 25 johnson. i have local friends that are going to help me with set up and learning curve of how to drive. hopefully i will learn to drive by the konxville rally.

Bobalouie

Your pretty good on the jackplate I would think. As far as starting height goes, start even with the pad and move up from there. You may have to go heigher if the lip on your pad has been messed with. Make sure that you measure the pad to prop shaft height correctly. There are several techniques in threads around this site if you dont know how to do it. Just make sure you are not leveling the pad with the level setting on the lip at the back of the pad.

skewby

i have had a few allison vets look over it and they tell the lip has been removed? the boat has been raced in texas since new 1990, until just a couple of years ago. i was told its a real lite lay up, 730 pounds, but its a comp not a bass racer. bill at allison confirmed that. boat will mainly just be a pleasure boat, very lil fishing, but it does have a trolling motor, that was just put on by the last owner a couple of years ago, so boat will have 2 batteries. so my guess it will have a lite load, other than an adult beverage cooler, mostly by myself but some times with 1 or 2 people mostly since i'll just be cruising with others in allisons.

skewby

when i got the boat the i got it with a 29 srx so thats the only prop that i have... but have friends with any thing from 23 yammi drags to 32's ??? all 3 blade props. one guy has a couple 4 blade props that i could test with... lol.... i just want it driving good and easy. and i agree that once i learn to drive it probably more WOT than i plan on. lol

F2008

i have had a few allison vets look over it and they tell the lip has been removed............
To bad.

Decent performance and handling, see if you can try a 25, 26 and or 27 Trophy. When you get really serious about a prop, call Todd.

catfish123

Athough I'm not real familiar with the XB2002, you mention the boat was raced so it more than likely had some pretty big HP on it. The lip may have been removed because of that. Although the subject has been highly debated, there are some who believe removing a least part of the lip produces overall better results including handling with bigger HP. The lip benefits Allisons with less HP on them by helping to lift the boat, and with bigger HP, that lifting help is not as necessary I wouldn't become to concerned over it yet until you get some experience with it. It may be possible however, that you may benefit from having at least some of the lip put back on at some point in the future. Don is certainly experienced with this so he would be a great source of accurate information.

catfish123

Personally, I don't think it's anything to worry about. I would let one of your experienced friends run it sometime, and see what they think.

F2008

Thanks Bob, but I'm pretty far from any kind of 02 authority. All I can say is how my boat works. According to what I've read concerning the factory lip, mine is approx 1/2 of what is supposed to be there. Ran pretty good with the 150 and I'm pretty happy with the 225 Pro Max also. I agree though, he should be fine with a 150 and being lightly loaded. With the right prop and I gotta' believe he'll be good to go.