XB2002 "sport console" vs XB2002 single seat vs X

sidvishus

is their a reason that they are almost as rare as hen's teeth? does the XB2002 only drive well with center seating?

how does the XB2003 compare in ride and speed all else being equal?

thx.sid

J

John Richied

If you like solo high speed runs then a center steer is the best way to fly. If you run with passengers two or more and things you can balance the boat with as you loaded it then I’m sure a right hand drive would be better. If nothing else you would have one more seat up front.

In an XB-2002 with only one (the driver) or two in the boat, the driver and the passenger both sitting centered IS the way to fly!

Mr. Scary

There's no difference. Actually, Darris told me that at all out top end, they tested both and the sport console was actually faster (in that one test). He thought it was because it doesn't allow air to get down into the cockpit as much as the center steer console does....makes sense.

I've had both and have never noticed a difference in drivability. If you're going to strictly race it, then you would want center steer if weight is a concern. If you have side steer, then you'll probably need to add a bag or two. However, for most of us that actually do fish too, I have my trolling motor battery and start battery in my port compartment and that's virtually all I need for counterweight. I'm planning on putting a side slide plate in it over the winter time just in case I want to move over a little bit.

They're tough to find I think because most of the guys buying XB2002s are more lake racer than bass fisherman. Personally, I LOVE the side steer model, but it has less cockpit space because of the second bucket seat, but I use mine more for cruising with the family.

Plus, us Northerners still can't figure out a way to get the Girlfriend/Wife to be happy riding in the back.....I'll need some tips from the Southern boys on how to get that discussion to go well.

Sam

GotMyAlly

You actually give your girlfriend/wife the option to ride shotgun? Shoulda started her out in the back seat. Once she's rode up front, you're gonna have a hard time demoting her to the back seat.

Mr. Scary

She's been riding in the back of my Center steer SuperSport for 2 years so she's been seasoned to ride in the back.

I guess I'm getting easy in my old age. She's hasn't complained too much but I know she'd rather ride up front. Of course when she actually SEES what 100 mph looks like, she may jump her a$$ back to the back seat!

sidvishus

Sam,

the wife and kids ride in my RIOT all the time, I NEED side by side seating so the family can enjoy the boat as well. I love to FISH and the RIOT doesn't fish well...

so an ALLISON is the ONLY ticket to keep the speed and allow me to fish. HOW different is the 2003 vs the 2002? I can find a lot of good used 2003 if I sell my RIOT. The 2002 I see are ALL center seat only...

thx.sid