XB2002 Rod box springs. Anyone have them ?

22R

I was shown a FB post on some springs that are used to hold the rod boxes open and collapse to close the box. Anyone here have em and if so where did they come from ? I never knew they existed but sure looked neat.

22R

bassracr

22R

Now if someone would order some and show a video of how to attach without messing up the boat fiberglass it would be much appreciated. Ans is the one linked the size that works for the XB2002 ?

Thanks,
22R

bassracr

Ls3 appears to be the ones that are installed in my boat.20+ years worked like a champ. My boat is in storage now so can’t send a video ..looks like this plus stainless countersunk screws, countersink washers . Nylock nuts should do the job from failing memory

Reactions: 22R

22R

I found some at BassPro for like 8.00 a side. Looks just like the ones in the FB video with nylon ends. Installed and works great. I have always hated how those lids would slam down on ya.
91 XB2002 Value just increased again.

22R

BigRWater

I found some at BassPro for like 8.00 a side. Looks just like the ones in the FB video with nylon ends. Installed and works great. I have always hated how those lids would slam down on ya.
91 XB2002 Value just increased again.

22R
I am having a bit of trouble finding them on the bass pro web site. Could you give me the link? Thanks in advance.

22R

Just a note about these for the install. While these work fine,due to the nylon ends orientation on the starboard side with the rod box opening shape I could only attach one side of the nylon end so that it can swivel and keep the spring straight. If the spring has any bow in it after install it will want to close very easy and not lock. The angle was fine on the port side to use two screws.
As a side not I ordered these from T&H Marine then found these on the BP site. I contacted T&H and inquired what was different as it seemed to good to be true for the price difference the CS rep said it did look just like theirs and his only comment was theirs are made in house so the BP ones are prolly from China but for the little use my boat sees I figured I would cancel and run to BP and get them. They seem fine to me. I don't doubt the T&H may be better quality but I figured I would roll the dice.

22R