XB03 favorite prop pitch recommendations

allimax

I have a 26PM I really like but want something with a taller pitch to replace the OT Q-IV that threw a blade on me. I’m thinking a 28 or 29 but don’t want to make the mistake of over doing it. I never run light, 3 batteries with gear and generally 2 people. 225 PM, sporty with 187 gears.

gmorgan

A tight 28 or a loose 29 or 30 should work well in the cooler months, and a 27 or loose 28 in the summer.

catfish123

I have a 26PM I really like but want something with a taller pitch to replace the OT Q-IV that threw a blade on me. I’m thinking a 28 or 29 but don’t want to make the mistake of over doing it. I never run light, 3 batteries with gear and generally 2 people. 225 PM, sporty with 187 gears.
Personally, I wouldn't go any higher than a 28. I have a 28 Chopper II you could try sometime. Did you ever get your motor issues fixed?

allimax

Hey Bob, hope all is well. As far as the PM goes I’d say yes and no. I’ve found some little issues with it but nothing that will affect top end much. I did just get the injectors back from Brucato last month and had one leaking I had to replace but more interesting was the little black chunks in the screens. Pulling the fuel pump out showed more on the filter below it so I’m suspecting the 2 little pre-bent hoses between the pump and fuel rail are deteriorating inside. Mercury only wants $120 for those.....
As far as more rpm’s I’m leaning towards maybe my trim has gotten weak. Never heard of this really as a big problem before but she is old and holding it up last fall it seemed to just stop at a certain point and not lift anymore.

catfish123

You should get all the fuel lines replaced and get that thing running the way it should. I wouldn't be able to stand it, lol.