XB-2003 prop

Orr

Probationary User
I'm running a 28" four blade Ron Hill prop on my 2003. I running a stock 225 merc with 14" setback. What prop can I run to give me more on the top end and add a little more stability! Like mentioned in an earlier thread, it gets a little crazy coming outta the throttle sometimes.

Harry

catfish123

A 30 pitch Merc Chopper II has been the fastest prop to date on my XB2003 with 225X but from a "driveability" standpoint, I would not recommend it unless your driving skills are pretty good. It is not a good everyday prop but lightly loaded, it gets it done.

GotMyAlly

I've ran a couple of Ron Hill's and they didn't do anything well. Your experience may be different though....

If I only had one prop for an XB03/225, it would be a Hydromotive Quad IV OT. That's what I ran on my 03 95% of the time. It would run ~93 on the top end, accelerated good, and handled really well. It never let go or did anything unpredictable.

h2oskiier30

Hoss Triton or Hyperdrive. My Triton is the best driving and fastest prop I have run to date.

My understanding is (and it may be wrong) that Darris had some input in the development of the Triton.

pickwickangler

The chopper with a knob cut from hydromotive is the best accelerating and easiest driving prop I have ever ran. I would loose the ron hill before it comes apart and damages you or your ride.

Dark Allison

The chopper with a knob cut from hydromotive is the best accelerating and easiest driving prop I have ever ran. I would loose the ron hill before it comes apart and damages you or your ride.

Well said Neal. I've only seen one Ron Hill prop worth a quarter and it was one of the early early chopper he built. I've heard about and seen too many of them waffle house. Scatter, smother and cover the bottom of a lake! :gasp

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got a new 27" Hydromotive, only had a chance to run it once, and no top speed runs, but it seems to run real well. It's a big prop tho...at 80mph it's at least 400 less rpm than my 26 Trophy Plus. Kinda wishing I had gotten a 26 instead, but I'll see how it does after I get more time on it. However, I may get bashed for this, but I have had, as well as Aaron on his GS, real good luck with the Trophy Plus's. We've ran a bunch of them, and put some serious miles on them out here on the Puget Sound and Columbia River, and have never had an issue, plus they seem to run and drive just fine. Just my experience. Can't wait to get more time on my Hydromotive tho...

Brian