WTB 15 x 30p Merc cleaver

Hi Derrick. I'd about given up even looking for a reply. I have a 225 ProMax on an XB03. Hadn't considered a 4 blade or a humpback. How would it be different on my rig than a 3 blade regular cleaver? I'm only looking for top end go.

Derrick

I have run it on my xb02 w/260ss and would run over 100 and I never strung it all they way out. Only fault with the prop is the guy I got it from was running it on an OMC and drilled out the propshaft splines. It twisted my propshaft on my xr6 lower unit but no issue with my CLE. I don't run it a lot but I have it in a box and was going to ship it out to get worked and have a new hub put in

I'd like to see 100 but think I may be asking a lot with an XB03. What rpm gave you 100 and what gear ratio do you have? How much would you want for it with the new hub? I only have a 225 Promax. I dont want to turn it over 7500 and don't know if it will even turn that high with a 30p. Do you live in Orlando? I'm just up the road in Leesburg.

Derrick

Not sure how much the new hub will cost. I haven't run it in about 8 years, and truthfully don't remember how many rpms but probably around 7500 on 1.87 gears. I don't think the 225 would turn it more than 7000 to 7200 depending on the gears. do you run the river? Maybe we can meet up and you can try it.

I live on Lake Griffin and keep it at my dock. If we could work a way for me to try it I'd sure like that. Where were you going to send it for re-hubbing?