World Record Motorcycle Jump

hack02

Did anyone see the World Record attemp last night just after midnight on ESPN. A guy from Australia set the record in Las Vegas with a jump of 322 feet. He set the record then tried it again and jumped a little shorter the second time then quit. It was pretty impressive. He was 60 feet above the ground at his highest point of trajectory. They said he was traveling over 90 mph when he hit the ramp. What a way to start the new year.

RedAllison

Yeah Steve I saw that to. That dude is NUTZ!!! But I was glad to see him dedicate it to Evel. That's the difference between todays "daredevils" and what Evel did in the 60s and 70s. That bike that boy jumped on lastnight weighed 250#s and had the suspension to jump that kind of distance without rebound. Once it hit that landing ramp it STUCK like glue without much recoil on the rider.

Evel on the otherhand, he was flying on 500#+ Harley's and Triumphs and even on good jumps/landings he was in trouble because the bikes suspension spit him and the bike back into the air. LOL Evel once remarked about he power and agility of the 750XR HDs. He said they had TREMENDOUS power, were great in the air with their brakes and torque he could steer them around. They were very well balanced. BUT he said they didn't land worth a S&#T. :laughing

Lastnight they kept talking about the headwind that boy had. Without it his goal was 360+! :cuss I guess it's a matter of time before someone goes for the 400' mark.

Hey yall watch this!!!
RA