Wire/cable hold down

Clarkb

First off: Good Morning,

I have been creeping on the site for a while now and studying the diff techniques/tricks etc that you guys are doing. I finally got a Allsion a few moths ago an I'm doing a total restore on it. It's a 91 XB2002 with the sport console.(white and blue) I've ordered tons of new stuff and I'm finally geting started on it. It will be powered by a fresh 225PM. I'll try to post pics and updates as it comes along.

My first question is, I need the demensions of the two plates that hold the throttle cable/fuel line and wires in the cut outs. It s the two that are under the rear center hatch.(rough estimate is about 3x5in)
I'm going to make some out of aluminuim and use a laser ether to "enhance" them.
Thanks in advance and I'm sure you will be hearing(beging for advise) from me a lot over the next few months.

Gonna try to post a few pics from my phone below. Before it went into the chop cut rebuild shop. Haha

Attachments

allimax

Clark, Welcome to the Allison Owners Forum. I expect after owning one and getting some seat time you'll never be happy with any other brand of boat. I can't help with what you're asking but look forward to seeing what you come up with for modifications. Keep posting, there's an awful lot of knowledge on here!

Clarkb

I ended up getting the measurements from a friends boat. If any one needs to know them, they are 2 1/8 x 4". I'm making them out of aluminum plate and I'm going to laser etch the Allison name in them. I'll post a pic when done. The boat is coming along nicely. I'll take some updated photos tomorrow. Just waiting on carpet and seats, then rig the motor.
I've been lurking on all the forums, taking different tips/tricks to help me out. And with the help of my best friend Donnie (Allison enthusiast/racer). Can't wait to get out and get some seat time. I've driven a few Allison's, they are a diff beast for sure. I had a hydro stream vector w/225 carb for a few years and it took me a little while to learn to drive it too. Lol
Thanks for the welcome and I'm sure you will be hearing from me with more questions.
Until then, happy fishing, boating and beer drinking! The weather is getting nice here in Little Rock.

john4utvols

Maybe when you getter done you can come hang out with some A owners at the fastpass rally in July or the national ally rally in June both events are great times.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the pics. Mine have been flopping around. I guess I should finally do something about it.

michael lang

I can't use loops on mine hatch won't close use small diameter pool vacuum hose now its too high I have the steering lines and trim lines next to it and it's too tight they should have made the slot a little deeper I'll try taking the rigging hose off.

F2008

That's more than I'm running thru mine. But the rear hatch latch on mine was long gone when I bought the boat (1988 model) so I installed the same type of rubber hold downs used to secure the hood on my Pro Max. If I wasn't using that type, my hatch wouldn't close properly either. As it is, when it's closed it puts a little dent in the hose.

Dave Hensley

What fitting are you using for the steering hose through the deck? Very nice work by the way. We think these boats are advanced but there is a ton of room for improvement.

Dave Hensley

Had not seen them. The hyd. set ups that have come through my shop all ran out from under the hatch with the everything else. Never did like that, too cluttered. My biggest pet peeve with outboards is getting everything rigged to the motor neat and nice and not having enough slack to turn. Then when you put the slack in it, its not neat looking any more. Would be nice to have wireless throttle and shift control. Hmmmmmmm........