Winterizing a 200xs?

mxzx

Well season is over up here, the 200xs sure ran great on my GSE the few times I got out after putting it on.
Anything special need to be done to winterize a 2005 200xs? Everything sure is packed together on this motor, looks like major PITA just to pull the plugs! Any tips?
Thanks
Brent

hirk

Its bad for it (opti's) to add oil to your gas to lube the internals, just fog the plug holes. Otherwise no different then your 225

mxzx

From what I have been reading, fogging an Opti's cylinders is a big no. Can gum up the injectors and wreck the plugs. Mercury manual for an Opti says to remove the plugs and put a bit of injection oil into the cylinders.

GotMyAlly

Its bad for it (opti's) to add oil to your gas to lube the internals, just fog the plug holes. Otherwise no different then your 225
Don Weed @ European Marine has actually stated the opposite, that mixing a small amount of oil in the gas will help lubricate the injectors on an opti (150:1)

Haven't tried it, just what I read.....

hirk

Don must have changed his opinion on it then because I think he had written what I had read lol.