Winner Z880 Bass Boat

chester8420

I have a Winner Z880 for sale. It is in rough shape. It is rigged for a mercury engine. It has a Gil bracket and it had a 2.4 200 on it when I bought it. It has newer galvanized trailer in excelent shape. The boat has had transom work in the past. It looks rough but it is rigid. It held the 200 on the gil bracket fine. The front livewell has been replumbed, but the back livewell needs a new sprayer. (I have a new one that will be included in the sale)

The boat has a soft spot on the floor where the drain goes in, and the carpet is shot. Most of the gauges are broken, but the temp gauge works. I have a handfull of livorsi gauges (tach, speed, water pressure, fuel, etc.) that I will let go with the boat. The trolling motor works on all 5 speeds.

The DNR registration is current, and the trailer's tag is current. I have all paperwork for the boat and trailer, so registering it in your state will be no problem. This boat looks rough but it has potential for somebody looking for a project.

I will try to take some more pictures of it tomorrow, but it isn't much to look at. I will take $500 or best offer. I will take a good bit less if I keep the livorsi gauges. I will also trade the boat for a hoss cut 26 or 27 pitch prop. Thanks for looking!
-Chris
-contact info redacted to reduce spam crap.

Last edited:

chester8420

I saw it on your "props for sale" post. That's a very good looking prop. Maybe it'll be around when I get the cash saved up. Or the boat sold...

It really ticks me off too, cause I bought my tempest 25 used from the "Sports Center" in Perry. I knew it was a little scraped up, but I didn't notice that one blade was 1/3 in shorter than the others until I got it home. I paid them $350 for that junk.

Do you work on boats for a living? Cause you have a TON of stuff! haha

chester8420

Aw come on, it isn't in that bad of shape... haha. Here's a video of it last November, the first test run after reeds and new enricher valve. I couldn't figure what was wrong with it, I had already replaced the blown head gasket, and cleaned the carbs... It wouldn't idle or run flat out, but my buddy at the river figured out the boysen reeds were warped and the enricher valve was stuck open.
http://youtu.be/YPCJ1v6eoew
Not long after we got it running right, a ring caught a port, broke a ring land, got hot, and siezed up.... This is a vid of the first test run after we rebuilt the engine this spring. The engine has about 7 minutes on it in this vid...
http://s48.beta.photobucket.com/user/chester8420/media/0205121802.mp4.html
I had it in the low 70's before I took the motor off and put it on the Allison in March.