Windshield washer question

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I took the windshield off to do some cleaning and found the rubber grommets the screws go through are dry rotted. Is there a substitue that I could find locally? I checked a couple local hardware stores and didn't see anything that would fit.

I know I can call Allison but I didn't want to wait if it was something simple I could pick up locally.

Thanks,
Dave

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you find out, let me know. I gotta pull my windshield off one of these days and mine are most likely done too.

fasteddie

I am more than likley going to take some het for this but here goes.

I understand you guys wanting ti get something local because it's easy and fast, but for the little odd things like these rubber washers. Why not spend less time looking for something that might be close or even the exact same thing and just call Bill at ALLISON. That way you get the right part that you need. Sure it may cost a little more but you are supporting the Allison's. Time are tough and just think about this, if they close we won't be able to get any oem parts at all. Just a litt food for thought.

Blue Gray in PA

FastEddie has a good point and while I also shop "outside" the factory for some things, the parts you're looking for are cheap and buying fomr Allison won't break the bank. The washer assembly you are looking for actually has a flange and the snap on cap to cover the screw head so it's an easy fix that will dress the area up pretty cheaply - for just a few bucks. My $.02

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gee, I figured I could walk into my local hardware and spend $2 to get $.10 worth of rubber one sided grommets and put it back together. Like everything I work on it ends up being an odd ball and "Oh, we don't have nothing like that". My $2 won't make any difference to Bill or the hardware store.

By the way, I talked to Bill a couple hours ago and they are on the way.

Thanks everybody. :)
Dave