Why is the price of oil still unchanged?

Jr in Jax

The market is down almost another 500 points [ouch] due to oil falling below 27.00 a barrel but yet 2 stroke oil is still over 17.00 per gallon. There appears to be a disconnect between production cost and sell price. This is usually the time of year where I start to stock up for the year, but have not done it just out of principle.

bullwhipjkg

lots of stuff went up with oil and gas but oil and gas have come down and nothing else has not supprised though

Jon

Supporting Member
Also, when was this oil produced? I know Klotz has no real shelf life (I assume no other oil does either unless it has some odd cleaners/solvents), so they likely crank a lot out during times like now, anticipating selling it at a higher future. IF it does drop, I would stock up!

FlatOutAlly

Greed? No.

It's laizzez-faire and/or 'what the market will bear'. Not enough commodity content or market to influence the price. Gasoline? That's a COMPLETELY different deal, as you can see with sub $1/gal local price wars waging right now.

bullwhipjkg

just bought 3 gallons of klotz r50 to run and race on this year 46. and some change it is normally 49. and some change

Jon

Supporting Member
Greed? No.

It's laizzez-faire and/or 'what the market will bear'. Not enough commodity content or market to influence the price. Gasoline? That's a COMPLETELY different deal, as you can see with sub $1/gal local price wars waging right now.
Do we need a separate economics forum for you guys :). You're exactly right though, we'll pay it, and not a lot of folks are making/selling it. I do hope gas prices hold through summer since I'm switching to a guzzler this year!

Dave Hensley

We might be seeing a glimmer of hope that the OPEC countries are in deep doo doo. Yes our economy will suffer a bit too but the end result will be worth it. The war on terror will be won through the oil monarchies pocket books. I hope I see it in my life time. Let them ride camels and fight each other until the end of days.

whipper

Not complaining about Mercury synthetic blend at Academy for 19.99.

Vola theres hope yet!! Greed is for sure playing a part now on anything oil related and gas. Our local gas station said hes made more money on gas sales in the last year then he did in the past 10 years!!! Were still paying $2.80 a gallon at 74.9 cents per LT up hear. It just come down from $4 a gal last week!! Cost for the gas station is 35 cents! When it was $100 a barrel they only made 3 to 5 cents per litre. Gas stayed the same as 100 a barrel until last week up hear. Ripped off for sure!!

TRIM-DAT

Wow $2.80, I get diesel for under $1.80 without going out of my way. Gas is $1.50 ish all over Houston.