Why I don't kite surf

strip

reminds me of that bass I hung into last week. He was so big he broke my line in 2 places.:big grin:big grin

RedAllison

:LMAO: Now leave it to a hillbilly from AR to come up wit dat one! :big grin

I'll hafta remember that one, he was SOOO big he broke my line in TWO places. :wink
RA

Jr in Jax

Several times in the past when a hurricane made a direct hit on Jax they would close the roads and bridges. I would suit up in a long plastic rain jacket and superglue the snaps together to keep them from ever opening in the high winds. I would put on a full-face PWC racing helmet and jump on one of my Vento Scooters. Since the roads were closed there were few Cops so I would go and ride over the tall bridges. Many times the winds were so high it would pick me and the scooter up and deposit us in the oncoming lanes. The lower bridges were a blast as the waves hit them and formed a tunnel that I would ride back and forth through. There once was a news crew at one of them but it was raining so hard they would not get out of their car to film me doing it.
Before I got the scooters I just took My mod Yamaha PWCs out into the 10' ocean breakers [1/2 mile out] to jump them for hours during the storms.
My Wife was always suprised when I returned home safely. My best Friend face planted during one storm on his PWC [I told him not to come] and I had to rescue him [and carry him to his PWC]. He had to get a bunch of facial lacerations stitched [and later a Knee reconstruction] while we continued to jump. There is not much that is as fun as being 3 stories up on a PWC and looking down at 3 more 10' breakers [in the set] that you WILL have to jump as soon as you land.
Both were severe fun!

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

Several times in the past when a hurricane made a direct hit on Jax they would close the roads and bridges. I would suit up in a long plastic rain jacket and superglue the snaps together to keep them from ever opening in the high winds. I would put on a full-face PWC racing helmet and jump on one of my Vento Scooters. Since the roads were closed there were few Cops so I would go and ride over the tall bridges. Many times the winds were so high it would pick me and the scooter up and deposit us in the oncoming lanes. The lower bridges were a blast as the waves hit them and formed a tunnel that I would ride back and forth through. There once was a news crew at one of them but it was raining so hard they would not get out of their car to film me doing it.
Before I got the scooters I just took My mod Yamaha PWCs out into the 10' ocean breakers [1/2 mile out] to jump them for hours during the storms.
My Wife was always suprised when I returned home safely. My best Friend face planted during one storm on his PWC [I told him not to come] and I had to rescue him [and carry him to his PWC]. He had to get a bunch of facial lacerations stitched [and later a Knee reconstruction] while we continued to jump. There is not much that is as fun as being 3 stories up on a PWC and looking down at 3 more 10' breakers [in the set] that you WILL have to jump as soon as you land.
Both were severe fun!
Boy, you ain't right!

strip

Ok....you ride a scooter across a bridge while the wind is lifting you and the bike into the air. Then you procede to ride your scooter over a bridge that waves are breaking over and forming a tunnel. and sometimes when your really bored you take your ski out and jump waves that are cresting 10 foot and have to clear 3 waves to come down. I have 2 questions...How much beer does it take to try something like that, and where can I get tickets to come along?

strip

One time I shot my grandmaw in the butt with a bb gun. I then ran and climbed to the top of a pecan tree. She told me to come down and I refused. She went behind her house and when she returned she was ripping the line and bobber off her cane pole. It took her about 3 swings to cut through the folage of the tree with that pole before she connected that pole with my upper right thigh. I guarantee you my azz was on the ground before she had time to swing that pole again. I never shot my grandmaw again.

Jr in Jax

Ok....you ride a scooter across a bridge while the wind is lifting you and the bike into the air. Then you procede to ride your scooter over a bridge that waves are breaking over and forming a tunnel. and sometimes when your really bored you take your ski out and jump waves that are cresting 10 foot and have to clear 3 waves to come down. I have 2 questions...How much beer does it take to try something like that, and where can I get tickets to come along?
No beer at all. I just needed some thrills and prayed for the Lord to take care of me [which He always has]. I also used to be a deep penetration cave diver and still am an aerobatic pilot. I am starting to slow down with age, the couch looks more and more inviting.

RedAllison

lmao I plum forgot about JR our "resident hurricane expert"!!! :LMAO: Yep, scooters and PWCs in the hurricanes and calls it "havin fun". :shock:

Course whatchoo spect? The guy ENJOYS doin bat turns in his GS for kicks and giggles. :razz
RA

strip

No beer at all. I just needed some thrills and prayed for the Lord to take care of me [which He always has]. I also used to be a deep penetration cave diver and still am an aerobatic pilot. I am starting to slow down with age, the couch looks more and more inviting.