Why are threads deleted?

whipper

Im just wondering because ive been helping a guy buy that Black and white SS for a few weeks now. He had Frank Mole all lined up to pick the boat up. The deal was made cash in hand for the asking price. My friend calls him yesterday to make the deposit on the boat because on Friday the seller wouldnt take a down payment with Visa. So he had to wait till after the holiday weekend up hear till Tuesday. The seller sent emails with pics and agreed on a price. Then just as he was going to make a deposit into his account the seller says hes not selling her anymore!! He deleted all his posts right away I made a coment and now I see the entire thread has been deleted! The seller called himself an Allison dealer. Im not so sure about that now? What dealer pulls the plug on a deal the day its all aranged for and has been being aranged for weeks!! The cost of quotes for shipping and long distance calls. Not to mention the ording of a motor to go on the SS and a hydrolic jack!!! This is rediculas that someone can screw a member hear and get away with it and have his posts deleted so the tracks are covered! Good thing I copyied the thread when I saw him deleting his posts. But it must have been an Administrator who deleted threat. Sorry for the rant i just dont thing this was right at all when my friend had gone threw all this trouble to setup the deal and find a motor. Frank Mole can contest to the pick up arangements. My buddies very upset because he has been looking for a while and had his heart set on this SS. Ill have to call Darris and find out whats up with this guy because I dont think he would like it that so called dealers are backing out of 30000.00 dollar deals on his hulls!:punch I never rant or get pissed off but when Im directly involved with somthing and my time is wasted because of a jerk it makes me angry and others should be aware of what happen. My buddies going to order a new one from Darris matbe now because he doesnt what to deal with fly by night operations when theres such a large sum involved. What a turn off!!

Last edited:

Yellowallison

LOOOK ole WHIPPIE throwing down acting like YELLAR callin someome out on BS................:big grin:big grin

Brack

I understand....I had a deal made on a 280....with all the shipping arrangements made, and the guy sold locally,......stlll PO'ed about that

ALLISONMAN

If your buddy wants a new boat tell him to call glenn at reynolds racing and marine!!! That is why it is good to deal with dealers with reputable names!!! Reynolds racing and marine, sanderson marine and linda's lakeside all have great names and i would stand behind any of them!!!

Reynolds racing and marine - 865-882-9623

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
The author of a thread has the power to delete it. As far as I know, it certainly wasn't one of the admins who deleted it!!

+1 on Reynolds Racing & Marine. I don't know who the other dealer was who posted the thread, but I'd sure like to.

BP1

The author of a thread has the power to delete it. As far as I know, it certainly wasn't one of the admins who deleted it!!

+1 on Reynolds Racing & Marine. I don't know who the other dealer was who posted the thread, but I'd sure like to.
You sure about that Lou?
I only see the option to edit, but not completely delete in the cp.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Well that's how it used to be....I'll have to check the settings and see if they were modified with the latest upgrade to vBulletin.

Lou

hotshaft

Call Reynolds racing!!!!Great people to deal with plus your boat will be set up top noch!

Last edited:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I researched it, BP1. You are right - I was wrong. This version of vBulletin allows for editing of the posts by the author only.

I looked in the deleted file and the author edited out all of his posts, therefore the post made no sense anymore. I have asked the moderators to report on who moved it to the deleted file, but the reason is clear. The thread no longer made any sense because of the original and all subsequent posts by the author being edited out.

Hope this clarifies the situation on why the thread went down.

bigtis

Ill have to call Darris and find out whats up with this guy because I dont think he would like it that so called dealers are backing out of 30000.00 dollar deals on his hulls!:punch I never rant or get pissed off but when Im directly involved with somthing and my time is wasted because of a jerk it makes me angry and others should be aware of what happen. My buddies going to order a new one from Darris matbe now because he doesnt what to deal with fly by night operations when theres such a large sum involved. What a turn off!!
Sounds to me like it may have been a scam.

jerry book

I asked for the thread to be removed. I did not feel comfortable with the deal no monies were exchanged and he was given plenty of notice that it was not going to happen. Whipper before you go putting things on the net get the facts straight. He called on Saturday at 130pm not Friday $30,000.00? Where did you come up with that figure? Where were you involved in this deal anyway all you did was put your 2 cents in by posting replies and questions about the jack plate? Yeah Im sure that took alot of time. The boat is my personal boat it does not belong to the dealership. Havent any of you ever changed your mind about selling something? Anyone else whose nose is bothering them you are welcome to call me at 740 858 4271 and I will tell you everything you want to know about why the sale fell thru.
Jerry

Last edited:

Hotprop

Administrator
Well guys Jerry got himself a very long trip to Taihiti . Putting things up for sale then backin out after someone has went to trouble of getting money together and so on is not rite . The post was up for a month then when someone was buying the boat Jerry backs out . Thats not the way this board should be used . So myself and other parties in control of this forum decided we did need to give Jerry a vaction from here .

msharp

Ol'hookhead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS the ONLY WAY HE COULD GET A pierceing:LMAO::LMAO:

Last edited:

hotshaft

:laughingHey Hotshaft after getting that big treble hook in da forhead last nite we mite need to change your screen name to OL'Hookhead !!!!
Yep that was a blast just call me OL HOOKER. Need to get msharp to post the pics on here!!!:help:gasp:gone fishing

whipper

I dont want to drag this threw the mud any more. Frank L and i have talked on the phone for litterly hours about this deal I just got off the phone with him now also. Frank was asking for insite as to weather or not this was a good deal and what i thought would be any additional options to have installed before he would bring the boat over the border. He wanted to add a Hydrolic Jack and because the boat was without power he needed a good motor. After exasting the Buysells on all the forums he decided to just buy a new 175XS for the SS. Great chioce with warranty. Priced out buying the motor in Can and in the US from Jaco,Randy and others, Canadien outlets ect.. He also required a good cover because the boat would be at a warf untill his boathouse was completed for now also for storage, trailering to Canada ect. Book was looking into the jack install and I was looking for a good deal on a Hydrolic Jack also. The Allison one seemed like the best choice. After many quotes on shipping I mentioned Frank Mole on S&F. Frank accually had the best price and was quite flexable to the boarder. Frank L set up Frank Mole to do the transport to the boarder just needed a date now. He also needed a broker and transport to his house from there. He setup with car carrier guy that he uses for his exotic car collection. Frank L was deciding weather it was best to have the motor installed and shipped completed before the boarder or if it was cheaper to have someone in Ontario do it factoring in all the duty,Taxes and exchange. As you can emagine theres a lot more to it than meets the eye when you can,t just go down and pick it up yourself.

OK on Saterday then at 1:30 as Jerry Book said Frank L wanted to seal the deal on the SS with a depost from his Visa for a $1000.00 or more and Book said that visa charges him 3% and wanted a differant payment type. So this would have to wait until Tuesday because Canada had a holiday on Monday and it was to late on Saterday now to do anything at a bank. Monday Frank L noticed Book had called on his call display, was out and missed the call no message. When Frank L seen this he called him back they talked and that was that Book told him he was no longer selling the boat. Theres alot to it when buying a boat without power and haveing it shipped over the boarder I know. I bought mine from South Carolina to B.C. Every thing was comming togeather with a lot of effort and quardination. Thats all I was upset about. Frank L as never owned an Allison or a realy fast boat for that matter. He just got a summerhouse on a lake for retirment and has realy fast cars and wanted a realy fast boat. So needed advice about Allisons because thats what hes been looking for thats what I was helping him with. An SS or a GS. Just missed the GS in Florida then this SS came up. He called Allsion today and there pricing him out a new SS and GS .

The 30 large goes like this.

$22000 Book SS
12% GST and PST taxes
6% duty
$1800 Shipping
5% exchange
Total=30000.00
This doesnt account for the Hydrolic Jack $1000 and a new motor 14000-15000.
So yes maybe not in American Dollars but to Frank L this was well over a 30 large transaction to Canada that he was trying to make as low as possable. Anyway we talked about it and hes very upset that he has to go threw this whole prosses again!! Summers are short up hear and he has a nice summer cottage now but still needs a boat.:big grin Sorry to rub that part in Frank.:big grin

If someone wants to sell a boat or anthing great. If someone changes there mind i guess that happens also. But after emails with pics and weeks go buy setting up a complicated major international transaction then at the last hour pulls the plug? Well thats just plain not right. But hey I can see Jerry wanting to keep her because i would love to have that SS and realy would have to have a good reason to sell her thats for sure!! Maybe his reasons changed?

HotProp I know as you said youve talked this over with other Admins. I know when Frank and I saw your post we thought thats the right thing to do. In my thread starter I never mentioned any names. But since Jerry decided to admitt he changed his mind about selling the boat is why now. Im sure it was a factor in your decition when Jerry admitted he changed his mind? Not to mention you guys can see some of the PMs sent back and forth. Ive talked to Frank and if Jerry Book can put this behind him now he and I would not mind Jerry Book being unbanned as long as he can understand now how doing this kind of thing can be a very dissapointing event for the buyer who mentaly has there heart set on something and the extensive foot work that goes into an international transaction. Granted the Boat belong to him not the dealership. So Ill take back what I said about the Allison dealership coment and Darris. I think this just goes to show just how special of a boat we all have when a person who sells Allisons for a living can find such an emotional attachment to one that after wanting to sell her changes his mind. I for one and although Frank is upset Im sure I speech for him when i ask to grant Jerry Book a second chance. Its ultimatly up to you guys but this is behind us now and Frank is activly pursueing getting a new Allison. Only because Jerrys livelyhood depends on sales of his products I say this. Every one deserves a second chance. I do belive that given the oportunity to be a member of the Allison Board has great benifits because we all belong to other boards as well that can be a great resorce for Vendors. Its quite clear the consequences and power of the internet these days. I think it just takes a little reminder how much words and actions even not face to face can effect someone financially and emotionaly. I wished no harm to anyone only that there be an awarness of how these sort of things can affect others. James

Last edited:

catfish123

Very good post!.............Certainly nobody should have a problem understanding your friends feelings. I had this happen to me on a car last summer and it REALLY upset me. This never should have happened and in my opinion, there are few excuses that I would personally accept that would make me feel much better about it.