What's up with my prop? Bravo I XS 30

champ198

I have extreme blow-out on my prop. I bought the prop used and it has not been worked except for the addition of four PVS holes (which I've plugged). The motor has to reach into the upper 4k rpm range just to break the boat over. After that it grabs, r's drop and off I go. It seems the heavier my load, the worse the blow out. I've got a 2+2 w/250 proXS w/1.75 sporty. The first Bravo I XS 29 I tried had blow out like this too. My hydromotive QIV-OB 29 does not do this.

champ198

It has barely a hint of a flare on the end of the barrel. I'm ready to sell it. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't work for me.

harrells

I've been wanting to try a Bravo 1 to see if it would work on mine. Is the prop barrell a larger dia. than the Hydromotive and the Trophy? If not try a blow-out ring. I run one on my Hydromotive and my Trophy spare.

reward69

So your talking about blow out on the holeshot? My 27 doesn't blow out at all but Ive never tried a 29. I had a 28 and it would blow out pretty bad. If you didn't know the XS props are all cast as even pitches. The odd pitches just have added cup to make them behave as a larger prop. So the 27 is a 26 with more cup added. Surprised that a 29 had the same issue?