What year did Merc start fat shaft.

Darth VMAX

I don't know what year but I thought all the "X" and XS motors had the fat shaft???

fishnfireman

Thanks Guys, I was trying to buy a prop from a gent who was not sure which shaft he had..

I still have the small shaft.

Next question;;; A Trophy that fits a fat shaft.......SHOULD have the changeable hub ??? correct !!

Myron

yes, all of mercurys later props all have removable hubs

GotMyAlly

Thanks Guys, I was trying to buy a prop from a gent who was not sure which shaft he had..

I still have the small shaft.

Next question;;; A Trophy that fits a fat shaft.......SHOULD have the changeable hub ??? correct !!

All of the merc props that fit fat shafts will also fit a small shaft (with the correct hub of course).

I've only seen a couple one-off props that had a fat shaft hub welded in. Everything else for the fat shaft is flo-torq.

So that trophy should fit yours.

fishnfireman

All of the merc props that fit fat shafts will also fit a small shaft (with the correct hub of course).

I've only seen a couple one-off props that had a fat shaft hub welded in. Everything else for the fat shaft is flo-torq.

So that trophy should fit yours.
Thank's
I was pretty sure ---if it was a Merc. and fit the fat shaft- it would have been made after they went to the flo-torque.

JR

I thought the fat shafts were first introduced on the offshore series?