what should I do before I sell

Speedman

Well I have not used my 94 xb2002 more than once or twice a year for the last 5 years so it's time to go. I have owned it since 95 and have nothing but great memories but life changes. It hasn't been over 80 mph in 4 years. it has a 97 225 rebuilt promax. runs strong, but needs a few things. So question is should I get everything fixed or just adjust my asking price or both? It needs new steering cables but I heard they don't make dual cables anymore? will have to invest 1500 bucks to upgrade to Hydraullics? your thoughts.....thx

ScottB

I think it is imperative to give the boat a good cleaning and fix as many of the small cosmetic items you can. I would not change the steering, carpet, or interior. However, I would suggest running the engine and make sure it is doing what it should be doing. Not worth investing the $1500+, as the buyer might want to go in a different direction.

Good luck with the sale.

Ltcbutch

I think it is imperative to give the boat a good cleaning and fix as many of the small cosmetic items you can. I would not change the steering, carpet, or interior. However, I would suggest running the engine and make sure it is doing what it should be doing. Not worth investing the $1500+, as the buyer might want to go in a different direction.

Good luck with the sale.
Like Scott said above.

If life has created a need to let it go, then clean it up and let the new owner have enough room with purchase price to spend a few dollars on it the way he wants.

Once you start into making it nice you will want to keep it and cause yourself to start justifying it staying with you. Though we love our boats, if life says different go with the best course for your situation. Another boat can always be bought once things change.

Last edited:

bassracr