What prop works best on an XB2003

chad202

I never ran one but do know some people who ran the spinellis with good results.

Fishforcash

I have a 28 Spinelli DR4 "Hoss Cut" that runs out very well and is a breeze on all around performance.

28 Hoss Hyperdrive 4 but I have yet to run it. Its going on this weekend.

Last edited:

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I have ran a Mazco HP 4 27", Chopper 28", and an ET cut Chopper 26". The ET drives and performs the best out of those props with the best top end numbers going to the 28 Chopper.

boater777777

I tried a 26 trophy last Oct. it was a dog out of the hole drove nice tyhough, I ran a 28 T4X hyromotive it was better
just got a 30 hoss hyper can't wait for river to go down

redwingally

I have had them all, stock and modified. You just cant beat a Mazco 29" RE 3 for all around performance from hole shot to accelaration to load carrying and drivability.

bigtis

the trophy is going to throw blades frequently and in a short time span if you run it high.

fishnfireman

I have had them all, stock and modified. You just cant beat a Mazco 29" RE 3 for all around performance from hole shot to accelaration to load carrying and drivability.
I would have to agree with all but the drivability.

Although it drove fine on my 2003--- there were some that drove better.
Including the RE4 and the hydromotive.
For the most part a 4 blade will normally drive easier than the large pitch 3 blades.

The fastest speed I ever ran with my old 2003 was using a 30 RE3..But it was a little to tall for allround use...while the 29 was just about right. Also the 29 RE3 is the prop used to set the bassboat speed record.

fishnfireman

I am looking to buy a 26 trophy or 26 hydromotive quad 4 for a daily running prop.
Both of those should do you well.
The Trophy will need to have the Allie cut In my opinion thou.
It is amazing how much improment on H-shot and midrange can be added to Trophy (in the right hands),

Like someone said thou...You run these new ones above pad and they will come from together.

Best thing again is to try any and every prop ya can.