What percent of Allison owners are on the board?

Allyfishing

here! lol!!

Dave, call Bill at the factory and ask him to spin his chair around and count all the little pins on his owners map of the USA hanging on the wall. Then ask jon on here if he know's the count of members. Figure the percentage from there. I'll bet it's a very small percentage on here.

Jon

Supporting Member
Bill told me he stopped keeping the pins up a while ago. :(

Total number of users is 3200, although total active users in the past 3 months is 780, and 420 registrations in the past year. Of those 420, over 300 are around regularly. One thing that is interesting is 240 of those 780 active users registered before January 2008. So we have people who have been around forever, and people who registered recently, but not a lot in between.

More info than you care for, I know.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suppose the long dry spell was because it was darn near impossible to get new accounts created for a mighty long time for a lot of people.

JWolff

It is funny that Jon says not many between 1/08 - 6/15 but all 3 guys on this thread before me are in that minority. More useless info. I barely squeaked in before 2008 but just got my first Allison last summer.

Jon

Supporting Member
It is funny that Jon says not many between 1/08 - 6/15 but all 3 guys on this thread before me are in that minority. More useless info. I barely squeaked in before 2008 but just got my first Allison last summer.
Yeah, I noticed that :) The folks we do have from 08-15 around still are die hards!

Freebird

here! lol!!

Dave, call Bill at the factory and ask him to spin his chair around and count all the little pins on his owners map of the USA hanging on the wall. Then ask jon on here if he know's the count of members. Figure the percentage from there. I'll bet it's a very small percentage on here.
Consider Allison's are made in Tennessee, and we didn't have the Internet for decades, even though Al Gore invented it. I too would bet the percentages are very small.

Darth VMAX

Been here since 2001. Not real active on the boards anymore through. Good to see some of the old usernames still here.

CarolinaBurt

I joined way back in 1999 or 2000, but used a different board name as CBurt. I forgot my password after a year or so break and re-joined in 2006.

By the way, Kevin in Fla started and was the administrator of the early boards - where is Kevin now?

As to the number of boats versus owners, the Allison website used to quote 100 boats built per year. Take that number for the last 25 years (I know that some of those are gone and there are some older) - there would be something less than 2,500 boats out there. The 33% number stated earlier is what I think a great guess -

Regards, Gordon

Jr in Jax

I actually joined back in 2002 but got kicked off the board by the new administrator for saying that Obama should not be elected President in 2008. Lou found out and signed me back up again a couple of years later. This probably happened to more than just me.
I think Kevin is still around, he retired from NAS Jax and I think he and Teresa sold their boat.

Jon

Supporting Member
I actually joined back in 2002 but got kicked off the board by the new administrator for saying that Obama should not be elected President in 2008. Lou found out and signed me back up again a couple of years later. This probably happened to more than just me.
I think Kevin is still around, he retired from NAS Jax and I think he and Teresa sold their boat.

Jr, not sure if you care, but I updated your join date to a ballpark more appropriate date.

Jr in Jax

Thanks Jon,
When I got banned it was kind of out of the blue, when I told someone on here that Obama was not qualified to become President. Lou never realized I was gone since I could not post any longer. I happened to talk with him on the phone and he asked why I was not posting on the board any longer. BTW, I would probably ban me too just for being my "Aggravating Self".......but I certainly was right about Obama.

Jon, since both of us will soon be retired, we hope to be able to spend some time up there soon. My boat just left Ed and Charlie's [Engine annual and removing the injector screens] and they dropped it off at Jack Barsh's for the yearly hull repairs. Hopefully it will be good-to-go.
Seeya!

Last edited: