What else....

xs03mich

do you own besides your Allison that gets you out on the water? Maybe a pontoon, jet skis, or another boat?
I have a 14 ft alum fishing boat that I can bang into docks without any worries, my GS no dock rash!

Jon

Supporting Member
I run a 14' Jon boat with a 25 merc. I bought my daughter a 15' something (not an omni as my signature says), 1977 model. I'm currently putting a new floor in it, but it will be our primary winter boat soon. We're hoping to do some fishing from it as the Jon boat is good for just me, but gets a little busy with a couple of people on board.

Last edited:

aj06bolt12r

I've got a 2006 Sea Hunt bay boat... bx22 is what they call it. Has a t-top and a yamaha 3.3l 250 4 stroke for power. Trolling motor on the front. Its really a great do everything boat. I fished bass tournaments out of it. Ive had it over 30 miles off shore in the Keys and in the Fl Panhandle a bunch of times. It pulls tubes. Probably never get rid of it.

But its just not fast enough, top speed I've seen is about 57-58 gps with a 21 tempest plus on the limiter. If it took off the t-top, trolling motor and their batteries I'm sure I could get a little more.. but eh. I want an xb 200315168

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Supporting Member
So the neighbor, who is also an Allison guy on here occasionally, has a tri-toon with a 175 that is running close to 60mph. I won't give away too much info as he's still working on it, but it has a custom pad on the center toon, and lifting strakes on the outer toons. It's more of an A boat/hydrofoil than a pontoon at this point, as it does fly and does not just drag through the water. Anyway, its always funny to see it zipping by.

Jon

Supporting Member
I've got a 2006 Sea Hunt bay boat... bx22 is what they call it. Has a t-top and a yamaha 3.3l 250 4 stroke for power.
Thats a pretty boat, and I like the pole barn/shed as well. I'm about to start on one of those.

aj06bolt12r

Thats a pretty boat, and I like the pole barn/shed as well. I'm about to start on one of those.
Thank you, It does good keeping the sun off of the boat.. but it still allows leaves and the cat to trash up the inside. I really need to get a fitted cover to go with the "car port"

Lotus 50

19’ J Craft w a 150 HO. It’s a locally made water ski boat. 12’ tin boat with 8 HP Yamaha. Cheap kayak. Spectacular stand up paddle board that my brother made and I need to learn how to use. I do a lot of masters swimming including some 2.5 mile swims, so sometimes in the water rather than on it

Jon

Supporting Member
I got a kick out of this video. Guy is fixing up a boat in Australia, and apparently he suffers from the same affliction as some of us have.

It's at 16:07 - "How many boats have we got?"