What Cooler Goes in the SuperSport?

Mr. Scary

My SuperSport didn't come with the built in cooler behind the back seat so I ordered all the stuff from Bill. I got the cooler tray, the door to cut into the back behind the seat, but didn't buy the cooler. He said it was a 34 Quart Cooler so I bought a Rubbermaid 34 Quart cooler...it's too wide and doesn't fit in the tray. Does anybody know the brand cooler that fits in that tray?

Thanks.

Sam

whipper

Take some measurements and your tape to the store?:smile Mines a rubber maid and fits in the try great same try I'm sure. I left some room forward in the try for stuff. I use it as my anchor comp and whatever else I can jam in there so I guess mine is a bit shorter but exact width. James

On Tap

Hey Sam,

The one in my SuperSport is a Coleman. The model No. on the bottom is 5281,5282,5283.

Keith

Mr. Scary

I remember when they first came out, they were using Colemans - at least in the Bass Boats. But I thought they were 48 quart. This tray says "34 Quart" on the bottom. The Rubbermaid 34 Quart "Victory" cooler that I bought is fine from side to side, but it's too wide front to back and won't go down in the tray. I should have thought about asking Gilmore. He would be able to tell me how many cans it holds, how many ice cubes, the ambient temperature, and the proper ice to beer ratio....the man is truly a scientist in the ways of proper alcohol climate management.

fishnfireman

Love "your" shirt Sam.....That's funny right there !!

I was not crazy about the tray, and had moved it a little in my old boat. and this new one.

however I found some corner pieces at a local sporting goods store that are made by Igloo. they are L shaped and designed to be placed at each of the 4 corners to hold the cooler. That will allow you to custom fit any one or any position.

just a thought !!!!!!!!!

The 1 I have now that came with the 21 is a colman it is 12.5 high, 13 wide, and 23 long, including the handle.

Last edited:

Mr. Scary

The corners are a good idea. I'll check them out. I'll just need to fashion some sort of way to keep the thing tied down. I've got the measurements now so I can find a cooler somewhere that's close.

Thanks guys.

Whaaaaat

Dragging up an old thread.
I have an ss and wanting to know more about this cooler option. Anyone have pics of this in the boat. How do you like it? Seems like I'm always leaving the back seat at home and putting the cooler there on the floor.
My other thought was to make a hinge setup to open the rear hatch to the side so the cooler could go in there and be accessed from inside the boat.

whipper

Its just were to fit a small cooler. On my GS theirs two side compartments. Battery on one saide I put a cooler on the other. There is a tray with low sides screwed to the floor. Ya just find a cooler fits in the try that keeps it secure.

Whaaaaat

Your gs I'm sure has more room in the sides to fit a cooler. Plus up there where you are do you even need one? Don't you just hang the beverages over the side in the lake?
Being serious though, I was just hoping to see some pictures of how that built in cooler option was set up. I'll call Allison when I get around to tinkering with the boat again.

DOUBLE J

I had a SS with the cooler tray and door option. The Igloo 25 quart cooler fits. I mounted a eye hook on each side of cooler and used short bunny cords hooked to cooler so it would not flip over.

Whaaaaat

I had a SS with the cooler tray and door option. The Igloo 25 quart cooler fits. I mounted a eye hook on each side of cooler and used short bunny cords hooked to cooler so it would not flip over.
You have any pictures of the setup?

DOUBLE J

No, but the Igloo cooler sides where the handle is there is a spot where the S hook of a bungy cord will go thru to attach it. I used a shallow eye hook on each side of the cooler tray to attach the bungy cord to floor