What am I doing wrong?

1-fastone

It was not darris responsibility to make adjustments to the trailer that would have been left uP to boatmate .the boat should rest on the trailer when you release all straps period.

Like I said Darris made the specs on the trailer Boatmate could not change the design even though they knew of the problems. "bec"

fishnfireman

It is what it is--in a perfect world the guide rollers should not touch the hull at rest !!!!
All of the bunk boards should fully support the hull!!!! Along with the bow stop!!!
To heck with the trailer having some stress-flex when you have to pull the winch strap down 1 to 4" to snug it up -----------think what that,s doing to the boat...OLD problem same fix........It just takes time and money !!!! I spent a week fixin my 2000 model but the 2006 was MUCH better..

Bobalouie

Now that I have had a look, the forward most keel roller is touching. I dont know how much it will change things, but I think I will pull it and see how far the bow drops, then slot the holes and reinstall.

ROBERT CROSS

Now that I have had a look, the forward most keel roller is touching. I dont know how much it will change things, but I think I will pull it and see how far the bow drops, then slot the holes and reinstall.
Bob,

Could you post a photo? I was planning on doing the same thing....if it ever stops raining.

Bob
:beer:

Bobalouie

Sorry, one thing after another going wrong and havent had a chance to get a photo. I should be able to get you one tomorrow evening.

Bobalouie

Here are the photos you wanted. I tried to get the hull roller off, but the darn ends are corroded on, so it is going to be a winter time project. The gap between the hull and the bow roller is about 3/4".

Brack

Bob,.....I place a large wash cloth folded neatly on the Bow stop,..........I always un-do the bow strap when not towing,

patches

If you know anybody with a lathe you can chuck the keel rollers up and turn the center down a little. I've done a couple of them. Maybe I should buy a few new ones and turn them down to sell. LOL

ROBERT CROSS

Thanks for the pic's Bob.

Your front keel roller looks to have about the same compression as ours. I can't help but wonder if that isn't about right though, after all the keel is one of the strongest areas of the hull. As such shouldn't some of the weight be supported there? The vertical bunks in the rear of our trailer are directly under the bottom strakes and the rear roller's are free to turn...a little confusing.:confused
Our bow roller stand-off is exactly as yours.

Brack,

I also release the tension on the bow strap, turn buckle and rear tie-downs when on the pad, a habit carried forward from our first boat.

Think I'll take some pic's today, I'll post, and follow the advise of the experts.

Bob:at the bar