west coast ????

West Coast Bull

its been a long time from the last post, I guess all the west coast crew has been band from posting .
I say let all the band peps back on the site..
Its the first rainy day of the year and fall fishing is here, how did everyone's boat hold up the summer ?
lets all get back to posting what's everyone up to?

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crap weather here today. Windy/rainy and in the 50's out. As far as boats go, mine held up great, had 0 problems all year! I just put my other motor on and got it broken in last week. Just in time to sit for a while, lol! I'll be getting out whenever I can, no winterizing here!

Brian

SLOmofo

Been working on a bracket to mount a single ram and then use a Merc pump for pressure.
Did a dry run today.
1. At least twice as fast on only 12 volts.
2. No slop in the trim where before I had probably 5 degrees extra trim angle when I let off the gas.
3. Trims under 3 degrees more before hitting the gear case.

So far no negatives...................... Yet.

Now to redo the wiring.

Boy, these pic's darkened up alot! Must be turning into a welfare motor like you said.

Attachments

Last edited:

fastglass1

I had a great summer right up to our last club tournament.

On Saturday October 9th, making a run back to the launch for the weigh in, the 2005 250XS went down. I was running about 5500 rpm and the rpms dropped and before I could shut it down I could heard something rattling around inside the engine.

The engine only has 88 hours on it and there was no warning.

I check all cylinders and the plugs look like I just put them in. No sign of metal or oil.

I also checked the compressor and alternator and they seem fine. I then put a wrench on the flywheel and tried to rotate it. It would turn some on then raise up about 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch. I think the crankshaft broke.

I pulled the front plenum off to see if I can find out if it is the cranckshaft. My biggest concern is damage to the block.

Well my thinking was correct. It is the crankshaft.

I am going to take it to my Merc dealer and see if they can get Merc to help pay for this. With only 88 hours, I think they should step up, but not holding out a lot of hope.

If Merc will not help, I have a couple of other options. Should have it back up and running in time for the rally. Sure looking forward to another trip to the Delta.

SLOmofo

OUCH!!!!!
The last one I scattered, when I popped the cowl off I heard something hit the aera where the splash well would be. I saw a needle bearing laying there. Big end of a connecting rod needle bearing. :very sad

The Piston stuck, rod snatched the pin out of the piston. Then it broke and decided to share it's rod cap with the next cylinder. Notice the cap was in the piston when it was disassembled. The rod bolts sheared off. Alot can happen in a very short period of time.

I feel your pain!

Attachments

West Coast Bull

Gary looks like that ram will hit the transom, but if you say so. Did all that just happen with the new motor ?

Jay did you get a chance to race your red sled this year ?

Good to here all is well Brian.

WOW sorry to see that Bob , maybe you can put a 300xs block on it.
Thanks for sharing the photos.

we still have some folks that must be still working on there boats.

Ron did you get your hole shot all dialed in ?
Bill what did you buy now ? did you get a fishing boat yet?

SLOmofo

"Gary looks like that ram will hit the transom, but if you say so. Did all that just happen with the new motor ?"

No, those pic's are of the last engine, not the one I ran at Shasta this spring.

propmanjay

I got a few this summer. I have had it apart and moved some wieght around and went up on with the motor. It seems to like it

R

Redding XB21

:big grin Big changes here in Redding. Snow time, rain and lots of propane! Sorry to hear of your engine problem Bob. My neighbon on the dock, 21' Bullett 250XS, locked up LU (water) and broke driveshaft. So far ----nevermind, don't want to jinx myself.
Plan on having more time to fish and enjoy the lake. haven't had access to internet for awhile.:relax:

fastglass1

Thanks for the concern. My engine shipped out Monday for repair. Looking forward to getting it back, hopefully by Christmas.

Cold and icy up here. Lowest temp in 25 years. Burrrr.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nasty here. Had 8 inches the other night on my table out back and got a little more after that. When I moved here, to the desert, I was under the impression that it hardly rains or snows here...so far I've seen a bit of rain and a lot of snow...and it's only the beginning of the season. But at least they don't have much for snow removal equipment and the roads are compacted ice.

cj707

I burned up a coil at lake powell. Fortunately it didn't fry the computer. Which is apparently common. Left me 60+ miles from nowhere. Of course Mercury tried to leave me hangin. We do all the R&D and they try their hardest to make us pay for their poor design. I said this last time...but I mean it this time! Last one I'll buy. Goin jap or Canadian next time.

Attention WARriors: Get ready to send me your complete demographics(name and add)1 per cabin. That way the B&W chick can send out individual letters for the room rentals