weight on the left side?

I AM A NEW ALLISON OWNER. (1996 200XB W/225 PRO MAX) AN EXPERIENCED OWNER TOLD ME THAT I NEED TO PUT ABOUT 100 LBS. IN THE LEFT REAR OF MY BOAT AS PART OF THE SET-UP.

I HAVE OWNED OTHER LIGHT WEIGHT BOATS THAT RAN 95 TO 100 MPH AND I NEVER PUT ADDED WEIGHT, I JUST LEARNED HOW TO DRIVE EACH BOAT.

IS HE RIGHT OR DID HE DO THIS TO COMPENSATE HIS DRIVING SKILLS.

THANKS, CLEAN UNDERWEAR

resqu-u

Hi Gary, I replied to your email as well. It sounds like you are trying to set it up for lake riding/sking without the trolling motor or other fishing equipment. You'll need that weight in the port locker to balance out the boat. Like I said the best way to do it is to put the boat in the water and add the weight until you are balanced with you in the drivers seat. It will sit left wing down with no one in the boat, that is normal. As far as how much will depend on where you place your gear, cooler etc. The boat is pretty weight dependant and you want to be balanced. While you are learning to drive this will greatly help you and if you plan on making high speed runs is critical. It sounds like the boat is very well set up and all you need to do is decide how you want it set up for playing. If it's the boat I think it is you bought a good one! PS, come on up to NENC and I'll be glad to take you for a ride ;) Shane

GotMyAlly

Mine have always ran better with a little extra weight on the left side.

Even perfectly balanced with gear, driver, passengers, etc.....they wanted to lean a little to the right over 90. Sure, you can drive it that way, but it's going to take more input and scrub speed.

So I always countered that with a little extra weight on the left side. Sometimes it only took the equivalent of a cooler to make all the difference in the world.

hirk

^^^^^^ I run an 03 center steer but have more weight on the port side, it counters the prop torque somewhat and handles like neutral weight when on the pad.