Weight distribution

tony Atwell

I have red alot about guys adding weight and shifting it around to inhance the stability of thier rides. Well I took the ol girl out for a stroll this afternoon and forgot to put my tool bag back under the bow. Well let me tell ya some thing. What a difference 40 or so pounds makes. She felt like it could of blowed off at any time. With the tools in it she takes a set and I'm able to trim her up to a comfort zone. With out scared to trim up any.

Rick Propst

Lmao, Thanks, Love it she rides real good,, still learning how to drive her tho just put a 15" mid on it and raised the motor so starting all over again lol

flying07

I hear you on the weight. . . had 3 and 4 people in my boat all weekend, and was choppy, so took my counterweight out. well, kicked them out, went to make a run to the landing, boat looked drunk it was leaning over so bad, and way hard to steer, than run got shut down early haha.

flying07

Well you know what pops would say. 1/4 below and take it slow. Thats sound advice for any new Allison owner.
true!! though i cheat. . . i'm running half inch below, my 'training wheels' haha

tony Atwell

Ran the boat today with the tool bag back up front and she was much happier. The straight aways were not very long but was able to lay down an 81 ish mph at 6000rpm. Was still pulling the 28 mazco. Think I'm going to try the 28 drag and see how it performs. Also still need to try the 26 mazco I just picked up.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow, you are the 1st guy I have ever heard of running weight in the front to hold it down.

tony Atwell

Don't like the feeing of the bow getting higher and higher with out trim just pure motor pulling. Would rather have a some what feeling of control with the trim. Its just a tool bag maybe 25 lbs. most guys running bass boats wouldn't run weight up front would imagine no real need to.

tony Atwell

I figured you kept your cooler between your sets so it wouldn't slide around. Just had to worry bout it getting light as the cooler got emptier. o_O