Watts Bar more detailed info for 1st timers on it.

XB03AllyProud

Not to take over onewht193's post so I started this one. Hopefully this will help him, me and others in future. Next week-Wednesday we are coming down to K-Town for through the weekend as my daughter n her family moved there a couple weeks ago. Bringing the Hurricane deck boat so we all can get on the water. I have the map which I am attaching from a couple years ago, but looking for more info on Watts Bar. I initially thought we'd use the ramp in Kingston as its only 30 min to their house but just plotted it by water at approx 30 miles down to Sand Island. Too long a distance for wife and maybe even the rest of them to cruise. What's a good boat ramp closest to I-40 but to get closer to portion of lake say south of Lou's house as marked on attached map? Also, where are the good/ preferred places one can use shoreline, beach the boat? There is actually remote sandy beach areas right? I thought there was reference to sand and stopping along while out running around during the rally's. Granddaughter is 7.5 and it would be nice to anchor off a beach and get out as opposed to always be anchored in deep water and floating all the time. SIL hasn't been a boater so plan is to get him interested and eventually leave the hurricane there so I can bring the 02 down each time we come and have both on the water. Think I'm may be more excited than the rest, now I will have free lodging for Rally's, they are 5 miles as crow flies from plant and they are only 6 hours from us now so we get to see them a lot more thru the year. Any insight from you locals will be greatly appreciated and looking forward to meeting you all in the future. Or hell if your out this weekend on lake we may be able to run into each other. Thanks ahead for the help.

Attachments

XB03AllyProud

This is a long over due thanks to Skewby who steered me to a great ramp @ Tom Fuller Park outside Rockwood. We had a most excellent day as someone said. We beached at 1 point, Floated a lot at a couple different places, Daughter -SIL and granddaughter half assed fished at a couple of spots while wife n I floated. They caught a couple small bass and catfish so it was all good. Our 7-1/2 yo granddaughter wanted to tube the length of the lake if we would of let her but we had dinner plans so she only got a 1/2 hr or so on the tube. Plus tube was suffering dryrot- only 20 yrs old. It was last one we used with the daughter when she was a early teen. Granddaughter started plowing water good and when we got her out we saw the nylon fabric at rear mesh drain was tearing apart. She still wanted to go again till it blew. She is a daredevil and a tomboy alot of the time. She is being brought up getting out and living by her parents. We had a great trip to the area, just not enough lake time, but we got years ahead to get it all in. Best thing they did was moving to K-Town, they love it and we will too. We were on Watts Bar Saturday and Friday evening we did a cruise down Ft Loudon with about a 12 mile run from ramp close to their house down to Calhoun's @ Lenoir City. Be seeing you all down there in future.