Water pump housing??

white03

I'm swithcing from a 225 PM to a 2005 280, except I'm keeping my sportmaster LU. In a previous post about this one of you guys mentioned that a 280 uses a larger diameter water tube than my 225 uses.

I should be able to use my current water pump ... except I will have to change the upper half to accomodate the larger tube...right?????

Who can I get a new upper half from??

Thanx guys

Bill

J

John Richied

The Merc part number for the 280 water pump body is 46-847710T 1

You are also going to need the guide sleeve that goes on top of the housing to guide the larger water tube in.

If your 280 1” exhaust plate doesn’t have the water tube you will need that also.

Butch Leslie

I may be wrong, but I have been told that all mercury dealers handle performance engine parts now. If this is true then you can go to your Mercury dealer. If this isn't true go to www.fastbass.com and the moderator on the technical section, Big Boy, can get all the parts you need. Butch Leslie

RedAllison

If you need a dealer for HP then why not call Linda Owens at Lindas Lakeside Marine?

Her and Larry are GOOD people and really support our rallies,
RA

Yellowallison

Anybody know the part number for the guide sleeve John mentions below?
Merc wants stupid money for the water tube and sleeve.. go to a hardware/plumbing store and get each one in copper..

I don't have the actual sizes in my head ....... :p

BigRedAlli

Just PM SStom,(Tom Bright)
His Dad makes aluminum tubes and sell's them way to cheap!!!
Marty