Water pressure gauge stuck

Blue Gray in PA

My water pressure gauge now stays at 12# and won't come back to zero - it did come up a pound or so with high idle but I'm guessing that's one pound not 13. I don't remember this problem last year and it's been in the garage all winter. Any ideas or should I just try to find another one? I have a temperature gauge to get me by for now but I like everything to work like it should.

FlatOutAlly

Sarver, PA.... Connellsville calling. Over.

I think your gauge got too cold. Sorry. What kind was it? I may have one or at least something that will work?

Put a piece of hose on and blow on it. If you can't make it move, it's the gauge or you smoke too much or too little or something else.....

Last edited:

BigRedAlli

Yea Scott, sounds like it froze up over the winter. I always have to disconnect my water pressure and speed-o before winter hits. I thought you kept your boat in under ground storage?

Good time to up grade. you know, you buy a new gage, then it don't match the others so you have to buy all new gages...hey, it works for the women...:wink :laughing

Blue Gray in PA

I stored the XTB underground before it sold and wanted the 2003 home to work on the motor swap. Guess I never thought it could freeze since there's not supposed to be any water in it but that may have been what happened. It's the Medallion gage with the blue M on it. Anybody have one they want to part with before I start searching online?

Last edited:

Blue Gray in PA

Well how amazing is it that the Bass Pro shop in Charlotte didn't have even one water pressure gauge in the store? They guy told me they are available on line and I could order one and have it shipped to my house. How helpful if I wanted to install it today!

Flatoutally - did you find one you'd like to sell?

Blue Gray in PA

Flatoutally - I'll probably take them if you don't want them anymore - just let me know what you'd like for them.

XB2003 - Let me know what you want for the gauge you have. I'd like to keep them all the same for now - I can't follow Marty's suggestion of replacing them with new gauges all right now.

My address is:
Scott Walker
118 Crescent Hill Drive
Sarver, PA 16055

Thanks guys!

Blue Gray in PA