Water over the bow

Lotus 50

We get a lot of big cabin cruisers on our lake. I was following one on Sunday morning at about 21 mph in a relatively narrow part of the lake, Eventually I got impatient and passed. I went slow trying to keep the bow up over the massive wake. And I got very wet. Slow and undramatic, but wet.

G Allen

They probably had a laugh over it...my nemesis are the owners of pig boats...wake surfers suck way worse then the personal watercraft/jet skis do. In contrast, a big cabin cruiser is less of a problem, because they are just going from point a to b. The pig boats congregate in an area and make repeated passes. It's really tough on the spine to sit in a butt seat on the bow while that is going on, evan a half mile away. That's one reason why I often control my bow mount troller with the remote keypad from a bucket seat while salmon or trout trolling, way easier on the back. Before I got my Ultrex I stuck the passenger bucket on the bow pedestal. Waaaay more comfy than the butt seat for this lumbar patient.

Lotus 50

I don't know that they knew I was behind them or saw me get wet. Nor is it the first time I've done this, but it has been a few years. We don't get a lot of wakeboard/surf boats, but we are on a series of lakes/rivers/canals so we get big boat traffic. Just whining I suppose.

dubmoney

I did it on the first trip in my boat. I would estimate about 100 gallons of water. It would not even plane and I found out the bilge pump didn't work. Ever since then, I have been sanding the lip to get the bow high, and if there are more than one big wave in front of me; I either A. Go fast enough to launch over the rest of them, or B. Slow way down and hit them almost parallel.

Lotus 50

When I have room I turn sideways and take the cruiser wakes parallel. On Sunday I was in the narrow part of the lake and it was not possible to go parallel. My path was 90 degrees and then hard right.

The funny thing is the SS2000 is my high freeboard boat. We also have a very low profile outboard ski boat and the family is waiting to see who stuffs that first.