Water Intrusion

I/O to O/B

Hey - everytime I put my 03 on the lift, 20 gallons of water drains out the drain hole on the right (looking at the stern). Ive got the livewell set to "closed", but I still get water filling up in there. Is the butterfly valve busted??

deadeye99

What slow said. Put a plug in the livewell overflow hole. When you back up the water is forced in the livewell through there. Bob

I/O to O/B

I assume the overflow hole is at the top somewhere (not at the lake right now)? Any idea as to the type and size of plug that would fit in there? Id like to pick one up before heading back up to the lake. Thanks guys. John.

Bobalouie

I am pretty sure a 1" drain plug is what mine has in it. Mine is the same type / size as the one that I plug my bilge drain with.

BASS BUM

the overflow hole is next to the drain hole in the back of the hull. it is the same size also. the reason i know is i have put the drain plug in the overflow hole by accident and backed the boat in the water. it does not take long to figure it out when you see the water flooding the boat.

deadeye99

I plugged mine from inside the livewell in case you need to use it. Don't remember the size though. Think I used a wine cork. Bob