Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLISONMAN

Got everyone attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading about the accident on scream and fly in florida this weekend i want to remind everyone to please wear your lifejackets and kill switch's!!!!!!!!!!!!! And send some prayers to that guys family and friends!! Thanks

Yellowallison

Prayers to friends and family...sad deal for sure:very sad

Last edited:

Fl Boy in ILL

I don't really agree with a coment or 2 about not being the right time to talk safety on the S&F post, if people would follow basic common sence and use what we buy then the outcome might have been different. I don't know he might have died on impact but if not then as quick as the folks got there and started diving for him he might still be with us. Out of respect I did not get on my soap box.

2 times now good safety equipment has saved me, 1 time saved my life for sure and this last time most likely saved my life. I have purchased a NEW LIFELINE for my wife to ride in our Ally!!!

Prayer sent for his family and friends

whipper

I agree. When any one is injured or killed in a boating accident we all need to investigate the causes. How else will these tragic events ever decrease. It should be a goal to try and make it threw a year with out any one dieing. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Dave for sure. As i was reading the thread I was saddened. It made me think about how my kids and wife would do with out me. It also made me think that how awful for me not to watch them grow up. Very sad thoughts indeed. I don't think its wrong to bring up safety any time. I believe though for the families sake if they are reading these post we act appropriate about it. I have two 100mph vests. The others are sturdy but not as heavy duty as mine and one passengers. Ive cheeped out on buying lifelines for years. When instead of making it a priority. Ideally I should have 4 lifelines in the boat capable of staying together in an impact were the passengers are thrown. When I'm solo I'm wot and when I have two also. When theres 3 or 4 I don't go above or cant go above 80 anyway depending on weight. The water has to be dead calm before I take 3 or 4 real fast. But even then things can happen. Discussion about safety is always a great thing in this sport. Its to bad it comes up more often after something like this.
We all know what we should be wearing and doing. If not for your self do it for your children.

hack02

I came away with the same feeling Rick. I figure if you don't want anyone to discuss something don't post it on the world wide web. We're all adults and don't need someone admonishing us about speaking our minds.
A really sad deal. A young man cut down in his prime. Just a little forethought of safety can go a long way. Thanks for bringing this up Aman.

h2oskiier30

Agree. There was a blowover in Gulfport this past weekend also. Due to proper safety equipment, Kirk Merritt is hobbling around and burning up the phone lines making sure Jack Barsh can get his boat ready to go and Tommy Dunn can get his motor ready to go for the next race.

Please wear your safety equipment, folks.

patches

i totally agree with rick and hack. i can't understand the mentality of the people saying now was not the time for a lecture. like i said in another thread. your wife and kids will be devastated and have their world turned upside down because you're too cool or too stupid to put on a life jacket. anybody out there can flame me if you want but i stand by me statement

K.Kiser

ABSOLUTELY..... Not all bad endings can be avoided, but I think that the severity of most can be greatly reduced...

-Wear and use good safety equipment to protect You from Your mistakes and others..
- Wear and use good safety equipment to give the People that want to kill this sport less of a sporting chance..
-Wear and use good safety equipment in case Your number is up, at least Your Family doesn't have to go to sleep that night while Your body is still being searched for..
-Wear and use good safety equiment so that You can attend Your own funeral...

My thoughts and condolences go out to His Family and Friends....

bringit

i dont know most of u but have learned alot from this sight,one thing is safety.sorry for the loss and prayers sent.