WAR 2020

G Allen

Boated a 15 inch Kokanee today, also what should have been a 20 inch Rainbow, but more like 18 inches since 3/4 of his tail fin was missing, she recently escaped an attack from a Tiger Muskie. You can't keep a Tiger Muskie in Utah until they hit 48 inches. They are a cross between a Northern Pike and a Muskellunge, They know that there is something wrong with them, they are sterile, grow quickly, have long sharp teeth, have a short person's bad attitude, and eat fish, birds, and what ever else wanders too close. They are ambush predators that kill to hang out and wait for opportunities like an Alligator does.

West Coast Bull

14771 In case you are missing the 2020 rally just look at last year’s picture, it rained 2” today. The $500+++ you would spend on the rally you could put into your boat, let’s see how you spend it.

G Allen

My kind of fat chick. Way to go!

Spending money on the boat...hmmm.. I did buy a really good prop for it this winter. Am not sure about what kind of work I can get for the next couple years thanks to our Chinese frenemies. So more into maintaining what I have. Next major $$ will go for lithium 24V troll battery setup. Gonna research additional battery tech besides old school heavy ass lead/acid for the starter/deep cycle that needs to be able to stand the voltage and 65 amps output from the Simon alternator kit aiding a 16 amp stator/lightweight flywheel and factory Mercury voltage regulator. Looking for 100 amp hour capacity because the fish finders are amp pigs and running two electric down riggers off that battery can suck it down about the same rate as the troller batteries do.

My WAR 2020 multi day substitute trip is going off mid June-ish to Flaming Gorge. Oh yeah. Hope to catch some nice fish and put up some pics from one of the most scenic, spectacular, and great fishing impoundments in the entire nation. Will be hanging in a very sturdy tent camped out by the water, likely near Lucerne Marina. Come join!

fastglass1

How many props do you have to have to be a prop whore? I got a new to me Bravo 1 last fall and have been running it. A lot more stern lift. Taking it slowly. Best so far 88mph.

fastglass1

Hope all are doing well. Things at my end have change substantial. Got notified on May 28th that I was part of a large number of people being laid off. It was out of the blue and a shock to all of us. For me the severance package was good and I will be using the time to look for a job, draw unemployment, and fix up the house to get it ready to sell. This has accelerated this by a year or two but all is good. Keep in touch and hope to see you all at next year's rally.

SLOmofo

View attachment 14771 In case you are missing the 2020 rally just look at last year’s picture, it rained 2” today. The $500+++ you would spend on the rally you could put into your boat, let’s see how you spend it.
I have couple of questions.... first that's a weird Allison on the left. The second is who's servicing the pool filter.....in the down pour.

fastglass1

Thanks Mike and Gary. Like the reference to Forrest Gump.

Things so far are good. Unemployment is being difficult. Did something wrong and now I have to talk to someone on the phone. After 2 hours on hold, I got to talk to someone. After about 3 minutes and a bunch of questions, she could not help me and transferred me to someone else. Been on hold wait for another 2 hours. The music is enough to drive you crazy. It is a 30 second repeating tune that starts with a high pitch tone. Very frustrating.

Did get out fishing again. Caught a few smallmouth and a 15 lbs Chinook Salmon. Fun to catch but had to release it. Need to get my Salmon tag.

Last edited: