WAR 2020

dubmoney

Well, if John R is not going, then, I will just have to come to each of you all. Just Kidding I wouldn't do that to you guys. What do you guys think about rescheduling for the week after Labor Day? We could switch to the Delta? That way we could get Frank and George to stop in.

fastglass1

Just got an email from Salt Creek. It is a standard advertising email but it states that they are opening on May 8th. Hummm.....not sure what to do. I guess since everyone else is not going, I'll have the place to myself and can do all of the social distancing I need to.

G Allen

i'm on the fence, waiting to see, more leaning on coming original days as planned. The pandemic has slowed. I think that there will be very few folks around and if the weather is decent the fishing should be fantastic because of the likelihood of lower fishing pressure the last few weeks. I can launch in fairly primitive low water conditions, my tow vehicle is 4wd. I'll make my final decision no later than the 6th.

Have had some nice local lake social distancing while fishing out of my XTB in April. My local lakes are barely just turning on fishing wise, my local high altitude fave, 7600 ft Strawberry Reservoir is halfway opened up ice wise. The means in 3 weeks it'll be fully turned on as well.

West Coast Bull

Just got an email from Salt Creek. It is a standard advertising email but it states that they are opening on May 8th. Hummm.....not sure what to do. I guess since everyone else is not going, I'll have the place to myself and can do all of the social distancing I need to.
Bob it also says that the “boat launch is free across the road “ free if you don’t park your truck! And we can’t gather at the shuffle board :samesong:
If salt Creek is open but we can’t leave our country do we still get a refund?

dubmoney

I have not totally ruled out the possibility of going on the origanally planned date. I have the entire month off, so I may just drive down for the hell of it. Maybe drop off a case of beer at Gene's house boat.

fastglass1

Got this today from Donna.

We are opening for RV site stays starting today, May 1st, Friday and will be open for all stays beginning May 8th.

We will be practicing the social distancing guidelines on property. Each cabin will be cleaned and disinfected throughout and we are providing a disinfectant spray cleaner and disposable gloves in each cabin for our guests use. We also will promote frequent hand washing by guests with reminder signs and provide hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes in public areas, e.g. Pavilion, restroom, game room. Marv and I will also be wearing gloves while we are on property while providing guests with ice, firewood, etc. and will be practicing the social distancing guidelines.

At this time we are in a "gray area" so we have decided to go ahead and open for the season.

The following signs will be posted throughout the property.

Thank you for practicing Social Distancing and Helping to Fight the spread of COVID-19

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this property is adhering to social distancing protocols.

All Persons Should:

avoid entering the property if they have a cough or fever

maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another

cough or sneeze into a cloth or tissue, or if not available, into one's elbow

and not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical conduct

If you would like to cancel your reservation at this time we will reimburse you for your stay or we can roll over your reservation to a future date if you choose. I have received and email from Mike Cribben and I am not sure if he is cancelling or not as I am waiting on his reply. Whitney phoned me last week and has said that he is still planning on coming. I have not heard from anyone else from the Allison crew.. We understand if you are not comfortable with keeping your reservation and choose to cancel.

We currently have no RV bookings for that week so you would be fine if you decide to bring your RV. So, basically, we are leaving it up to our guest to decide if they are comfortable with coming or not.

Shasta Lake is open and the weather has been unusually warm for this time of year.

fastglass1

I am still thinking about coming down. Not sure whether I will bring the RV or just stay in a cabin. I'll need to make a decision in the next couple of days.

West Coast Bull

I think I’m out for the May2020 rally! Hopefully we all can get together soon, be safe and healthy everyone

Last edited:

dubmoney

Last night I spoke with John R., Gary Allen (AKA Weatie), Donny, and Neil.

Gary, John Donny and a expressed interest in going during the orginally scheduled week. Neil thinks he will postpone at this time. Lar's is on the fence at the moment and will be weighing in here shortly.

G Allen

I have chosen Wednesday the 6th as my final decision day yea/nay to go. Encouraged by news of countries around the world planning reopening this morning on the news. Expecting a second wave of cases domestically as a result. If the lake has not had a lot of fishing pressure over the last couple months could be a spectacular week fishing wise. I'd rather socially distance myself on the water in my Allison boat, especially is the lake is open. If Lake Shasta is closed, I will stay home.

Remember your training... just drive through it.

fastglass1

Just sent Donna my confirmation that I will be there Tuesday the 12th.

For those that are actually going, are we doing group dinners or fending for ourselves?

fastglass1

Given that, for the most part, we will be boating alone, it would be good to have every ones cell numbers in case we have issues on the water.

Bob Gainer 503-730-3569

O'Brien 21

Now the Squirrel carries 2 fuel tanks. Therefore, I am able to run some distance as long as I keep one full LOL. I'll be down here at Digger Bay Marina for the duration of this"Distancing". Bigfoot has been hanging out and sharing great stories of what he does in the off season. Just being careful. 530-945-0751 text works best because I don't like to talk There is gas available down here by the dam at DB

G Allen

Have decided to stay in Utah this time around. Very reluctant decision to make, but gonna listen to my gut. If there were more coming it might be different. Gonna do the plan "B" trip to Flaming Gorge instead. Open to the idea of a later date.

fastglass1

Well after much consideration I have also cancelled. Got word from Salt Creek that I was the only one that still had a reservation.

I will blame the final decision on the weather. Looking like at least some rain most days.

I would suggest doing this in early June but that is probably too soon. I have had good fishing through about the first weekend in June. After that it gets too hot for really good fishing. Been down there in mid-September and had 114* days. Ouch!

I'll miss seeing all y'all, maybe next year.

G Allen

According to Donna from Salt Creek currently there is room reservation wise for us June 9-18, FWIW. One of the three previous owners of my XTB-21 installed a nice, sturdy bimini to hang out under. Great on a hot day.

My gut says that our WAR 2020 crew will rather stay home and boat local waters.

Am currently glued to the weather channel and the NOAA sites looking for an opening in the currently unstable weather patterns here in UT. When I see a high pressure on the way I'm doing my Flaming Gorge trip. The weather can get really gnarly there in a heartbeat, have a four season tent to hang out in if the weather goes bad. It's gonna be car/tent campng for me, and there is room for RV's as well. Gonna try to do a PB on a Lake Trout. Goal is a 20 pounder. There are a ton of them in the lake, any under 28 inches are considered to be immature pups, the daily limit on Savelinus Namaycush AKA Lake Trout pups under 28 inches is 12 fish currently. Pups feed on plankton, the adult piscivorous pigs up to 50+ pounds chomp on the Kokanee salmon that grow to 4-6 pounds plus there for their meals. The younger lake trout pups are spectacular table fare. The Kokanee and other trout species are in a class of their own in a good way compared to the same species coming from most waters found elsewhere. Whether the salmonids are trout or char, every species has orange colored meat from eating the nutrient rich plankton in the lake's water. There is also a huge smallmouth bass population in that lake. It's an awesome water for an Allison boat, the lake is 90+ miles long.