WAR 2020

fastglass1

Sorry if I miss stated. They are not open now but still hope to be open for our arrival.

As each day goes by, I think it is less and less likely that the state will let them open. Right now the WFH has been extended to end of April. If it slides a couple more week, no rally.

G Allen

I would go for a rescheduled October time, second or third week. Frustrating, but hey, we're still on the right side of the dirt.

I do have a plan "B" for the same dates, if Salt Creek stays no-go, the I will go to a closer to home spectacular reservoir of great size of both water and fish. Flaming Gorge. They have four pound Kokes in there, at least five kinds of big trout and char including Lakers that get to over 40 pounds. Also tons of Smallmouth Bass., as well as a butt-fugly slimy eel looking fresh water cod called a Burbot, AKA poor man's lobster. The presentation diversities driven by the species variation demand keen attention to numerous, diverse details. It's like getting to ski at a world class resort like Jackson Hole, Park City/Canyons or Mammoth Mountain. And just like the Canyons sits huge unique in it's on mountain character right next door to it's sister resort Park City, the Green River tailwater fly fishery below the flaming Gorge dam offers 20+ miles of beyond blue ribbon carefully managed trout water, I've float tubed, caught, and seen some of the most gorgeous browns in my life there in the "A" section. I know a couple fantastic full time fly fishing guides that work there if anyone wants to give the Green a go. It's prime rowboat dory water, nimble two seaters easier to operate there. Fishing the lower Green with a guide when the fish are "on" is like is like skiing Alta on a snowing day with one of their ski instructors to show you where the goods are stashed. And right next door is the completely different feeling 95 mile long Flaming Gorge Reservoir where my Allison is going to roam like a Mustang on wild oats...

Swim Beach is the most likely sleep spot of several favorites where I will be car camping in a 4 season hardcore weather type of tent or a tent cot if the weather is less energetic. There are no improvements there. It's not a campground, but camping is permitted there. It's full on hardcore camping or RV-ing at a roomy spot. The wind can get pretty spectacular at that location, like many places in Wyoming. Having a self contained RV is even better than what I have. A mile-mile and a half away the Lucerne marina store, boat ramp, and dock/slip/rental/gas facilities. My boat will be sitting in a powered slip, so can either drive over from the camp site or ride a mountain bike to and from the boat dock. Personal goal is jigging a 20 pound Mackinaw. There are a couple fave boat-in spots for a more hardcore experience well worth the extra effort of setup and breakdown. The local coyotes enjoy singing opera at the nightly sun sets, pretty cool spot to hang out. Feel free to join if you are in the area.

But frankly, I'd rather do the original plan...

dubmoney

Aren't we generally the first guests for the Season? They will open for us. This Virus is way over blown. Everybody will see that in about ten days. The death rate for Covid-19 in New York right now is .17 the normal flu is .09. We are just now figuring out how to treat it, so I anticipate the death rate to fall further. Total number of deaths for Covid 19 is going to be less than any of the last 5 epidemics/pandemics we have been through. I was once wrong before, but I had bad information.

fastglass1

The death rate for those of us that are in our 70s is a lot higher. In fact it is just about equal to a death sentience. The biggest issue with this one is the fact that you can be contagious without symptoms. The best way to keep this from being really bad is isolation.

dubmoney

Bob, check the graph below. If you are 65 to 74 years old, 2.7 people die from Covid vs almost 1 person for every 100 cases of normal Flu. So roughly three times as deadly, yet still only kills less than 3% of people who catch it in that age group. It does seem that people over 85 tend to struggle more with Covid-19 than normal flu.

fastglass1

This is what the President was shown today.

"The two doctors spread out their charts on the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.

The projections were grim: Even if the U.S. were to continue to do what it was doing, keeping the economy closed and most Americans in their homes, the coronavirus could leave 100,000 to 200,000 people dead and millions infected. And the totals would be far worse if the nation reopened."

Is it really worth the risk.

cj707

No it's not worth the risk. Down play it all you want, but it's not the flu. And smokers like whitney and gene should should take it very seriously. a dr. Friend of my sisters new he had it. He was going to document his symptoms and recovery at home. He called 911 in 3 days. Had to be intubated and almost died on the way to the hospital. he is 41 years old.

fastglass1

I am still in a wait and see. I would really like to go but need to give it a few more weeks to see if thing subside enough to be reasonably safe.

G Allen

Gonna hold on to my butt and wait for a bit. First boat ride of the year went really well yesterday, 3 boats on the entire lake. New prop ran spectacularly. Surreal to be there, going back out right now with enough munchies to stay out and fish for a few...

ROBERT CROSS

Aren't we generally the first guests for the Season? They will open for us. This Virus is way over blown. Everybody will see that in about ten days. The death rate for Covid-19 in New York right now is .17 the normal flu is .09. We are just now figuring out how to treat it, so I anticipate the death rate to fall further. Total number of deaths for Covid 19 is going to be less than any of the last 5 epidemics/pandemics we have been through. I was once wrong before, but I had bad information.
Just wait your turn...it will be there, with a vengeance, as of today 1000 dead in NYC alone.

O'Brien 21

Just chillin on the HB. Just need to be safe. Just found out my cousin in PA. has it

dubmoney

I am more likely to die running 100 across the lake. Super frustrated. More over more likely to die driving to the lake, more likely to be shot on my way to the lake or at the lake. Sorry just need to vent.

O'Brien 21

The Pinkster is retired He doesn't do SH**! Just gives me phone calls and rambles on and on LOL He's doing fine????? Time to crack a beer

fastglass1

Just saw this from Salt Creek Resort.

At this time, the unknown outcome of this pandemic is effecting everyone. We hope that you remain safe and well. Hopefully, by the time summer arrives, we will all be able to enjoy a break from this stress and worry!

Right now we are encouraging people to not cancel their reservations due to the uncertainty of the timeline—if the stay-at-home order is still in effect during your reservation dates, we will reimburse you in full.

Should you decide to cancel prior to your reservation dates, our standard cancellation policy will apply with this one exception: if state or county social distancing restrictions are still in place three days prior to your stay, we will give you a full refund.

fastglass1

Looks like tomorrow we may find out if the resort will be open or not.

If there is another month of this, I may go crazy.