Want to buy ally..

Luketrician

Hi everyone, I am looking to buy an Allison. Boat and trailer only. Hopefully something not too old.

I am serious about it. I am ready to buy and get back to the water asap.:smile

my e-mail is lbclarke@tva.gov

number is 423-316-5950

thanks guys

Fl Boy in ILL

Well lets start by which one or kind would you like?? Bassboat, runabout or race? a little more info and we can help you spend as much as you'd like, LOL. The hunt is 3/4 of the fun, good luck looking

Rick

Luketrician

Sorry, I should've given some more info. I only have around 7-8k to spend. I know that isn't a whole lot, but I am hoping to find a rig that is in good shape and needs nothing but a motor. Hope that's a possibility.

I am looking for a fishing boat...xb2002 03..etc Not real familiar with the types.

I have a 225X with around 50hrs with an allison cut sportmaster gearcase to bolt on when I find the right boat.:cool

Oh, and the boat can't be yellow, my better half thinks that an all yellow boat is hard to look at..:laughing

Oh and good morning btw:relax:

Last edited:

Speedman

next question, where are you located and how far are you willing to travel? find out how much that 225x weighs? If you have never been on one, often times, members will take you for a ride. there is a huge difference in the xb2002 and the xb2003 or even an older xtb21.

whipper

Luke whats your experience with fast boats? The XTB21 like Speedman mentioned you will find more redaly in your price range. A 2002 is one of the fastest hulls and the 2003 is the ticket for all round use. What size lakes do most frequent? If your on big lakes with lots of boat traffic at times the XTB and 03 are your best bets. If you can find a 03 in your price range that would be a good deal! There out there but be carfull and look for damage with a fine tooth comb. Some guys fish there boats hard and it will show. The 02 is a seriously fast hull and with a 225 you would best know your waters and ability! Its no fun if you cant use all the boat can offer. The 03 is the ticket once again if ya can find one. 90-93ish mph with a 225x real fast and handles the rough stuff well. The 02 has less freeboard so if your carring passangers not the best bet for a starter Allison. I know some guys use there 02,s as all rounders but it realy would depend on your water ways and family or no family. Weather your carring 1 bud or 3? thats a set up for anyone ready to pounce on

jpxb2003

Luke, you can find a xb2003 in your price range if you look hard enough. Its a better fishing boat than the 02 but just not as fast. Just keep looking at the boards and don't get in to big of hurry.

whipper

Luke, you can find a xb2003 in your price range if you look hard enough. Its a better fishing boat than the 02 but just not as fast. Just keep looking at the boards and don't get in to big of hurry.
Luke just found a red 03!
Him and RedAllison will be best buds!

Luketrician

hey guys..I will be going to knoxville tuesday to possibly get a red 97' 2003....

i'll let ya'll know how it turns out.:smile

hey whipper..we have some fairly big lakes around...big enough that there are locks at every dam on the tennessee river..and you wouldn't believe the size of some of the yachts that people have down here! :gasp

I'm gonna miss that Venture...I used to race bullets and allisons all the time with it and I would always win. I just hope I can get the ally to 100+...so I can atleast say it is faster than my old venture used to be..:laughing:

ok ok..that last paragraph is all bs!! :laughing