V.P. debate???

RedAllison

Welp whatchall think? I think everyone expected Palin to come out stammerin, studderin and gettin tripped up. WOW she din't miss a beat did she? She's got nerves of steel I'll giver that. 2 months ago in her life must seem like a decade now! :gasp

But I STILL think with the current state of politics in this country, it's all a toss up. I aint callin it yet, I think the vote is still split nearly straight down the middle. :confused:
RA

hack02

It'll be just like the last election. The big cities will be dems and the rest of the country will be repub.
I can just see Palin, walking around the Lincoln bedroom in black underwear and high heels with that jet black hair finally let down after the election. MMnn MMnnnn. What a vice pres. she'll make.

RedAllison

How HORRIBLE to say Steve. You should be ASHAMED of yourself Hackimus, talkin about our nations leaders like that. :gasp What is this country coming to? I mean you should respect the offices of the White House more than to make such a comment about our chosen leaders. I'm REALLY disappointed with you for such remarks. That's just TERRIBLE.

Besides, I was thinkin more of joinin the Mile High Club with her aboard Air Force One!!! :twisted evil :big grin
RA

whipper

You know I'm in Canada and not the US so don't get to vote or have a say though the results will affect us up hear in a big way more than any other Country.. My wife and I follow the election pretty closely because way over half the television is from the states. B.C. is that foreign country between Washington and Alaska ya know.:big grin In my view I like McCain more than Obama because he seems to be more a straight shooter. I'm surprised how modern he is in his thinking. He never seems to waiver thats huge in my opinion. Obama seems to green to me. Just a big talker. I think its to bad that Palin is McCain's running mate though i have a bit of trouble understanding that choice? Regardless of her i still think McCain is the guy that can turn the economy around more than Obama and to me thats the biggest issue. Our pension funds are mostly in the Dow and wall street needs a shake up with stricter rules that will be enforced and i don't think they will take Obama as seriously as they will McCain when policies are put forward. They all know he is tenacious and there will be consequences if they don't follow the rules of the game. I think what we all need is a back to basics approach and to build a stronger foundation to build up on again. The build up was to fast for the foundation this last time around and it crumbled! To me McCain seems like the guy that understands this and was warning about the collapse for a long time. If I wanted a house that would last forever I would have McCain build it. If I wanted a big fancy stylish house and didn't care how long it last just enjoyed it for the time i have it Obama would build it. Thats how i look at it for my vantage point for what its worth.

whipper

I thought she was winking at me because she thought I was sexy.
Saterday night live is going to have a field day with that tonight! She at least did better than she has most reciently like that russian thing she was talking about the other day. She reminded me of that Miss American contestant such as such as. I dont know what to think of her. She is like a soccer mom realy who has a deep desire to get the oil flowing more from Alaska. Not to keen on answering questions she kinda diverted every thing to her own way agenda and Macains then answerd any thing direct. Bidan is more polished thats for sure. I like him. To bad it wasnt Macain and Biden as his VP. Then it would be easy.

Last edited:

GFinch

Like Oboma and Clinton, McCain and Biden, I think the life expectancy of the top of the ticket would be at risk.
I like that neither McCain or Palin are lawyers.

Whats the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?

One's a bottom dwelling scum sucker and

the others a fish!

whipper

Well I personaly liked Clinton also. The poles are still in Obamas court. im pretty sure its looking like hes the one. I just cant see something not happening to him though if ya know what I mean.:shock: If it was Clinton in there that would have changed every thing. Im not for or against Dems or Rep its who i think would best do the task at hand. To me the only Question that will take a full term to accomplish is how to make the econamy stronger and sustainable well into the future with out starting another war. And who can provent out side counries from invading North America the best during the rebuilding prosses. I think China and Russia are a threat and will become a bigger one short term.

RedAllison

Whip I wouldn't care if Reagan himself had Biden on his ticket, Biden is a POSTERCHILD for what's wrong with our political system right now. He's practically a lifelong, career politician, a tax and spend liberal and a typical yankee Damocrap right up there with the likes of Kennedy and Kerry. He's truly a "boardmember for the good ol boys club" known as the Senate old guard.

These "it's MY Washington" mindset politicians are the ones who've gotten us in this whole mess to begin with. Everyone keeps talking about "experience" this election. Well just exactly WHAT KIND OF EXPERIENCE do the dumbasses have in mind? Everyone says they feel politics over the last 20-30 years have taken this country off the tracks. Well Biden has been up there what 36 years? They claim they want someone more in touch with Main St. America. Well Palin and her husband had to release their tax return the other day, lastyear they made about $160K combined income. That's hardly a millionaire in the making, certainly NOTHING compared too what the typical career politician in Washington makes via his pension deferments and the multitudes of special investments they are made apart of by people wanting them to grant special favors back home. How many times have we seen a 40 year old poltician go to Washington and come home 20-30 years later and they are worth TENS and in some cases over ONE HUNDRE million dollars? :rolling eyes

I'd just as soon the City Dog Catcher be voted into office in D.C. You can't convince me it would be any less than what we have now!!! A COMPLETE OVERHAUL of the system and rules would be fine by me.
RA

whipper

I see wear your coming from. We had a guy just a regular Joe run about 10 years ago. He knew what the people wanted because he was one of the regular folk. I cant remember his name. Kinda real under dog but he made sense and most could relate to what he said. Unlike the rhetoric most established politicians say. Never answering the questions direct to leave lee way for the opposite direction and not be called on the result if it wasn't the way people wanted. {Lawyer} Corky Evens I think was his name. Hes still around but not a voice really. The problems are once you get in the society its hard not to get influenced to there way of thinking and doing. Its not an easy task I would imagine not to get caught up in the greed that the governments yours and ours can dish out with back door deals and money transfers in foreign bank accounts to sway a bill. What ever happen to the people. That seems to be taken out of the equation these days. There has to be a law that states when a leader does something off his campaign promise he has to step down. Then maybe who gets elected will do what they were elected to do.

Crazyoz

Banned
Stay with the facts McCain is just like the peace of crap that is in there now. He lies all the time a fabricates what he has to too win, but it want happen. The Ole Republicans are pissed about the fact they are loosing their grip on this country, they cant starve the little people any more and line their pockets with gold. Palin was a bad bad choice but it was the only way he felt he could get Clintons voters but it did work. 2/3 of this countrys population is sick and tired of being starved by having our jobs going over seas causing us to loose every thing that is the problem in this country and it is deffinatly because of the Republicans who have had the keys to this country for way to long. Republicans. Go Oboma and hope we get back to the good days fast like when Clinton was in office. God Bless America and God Bless Oboma and the Democrates.

RedAllison

It's a good thing I luvya Ricky otherwise I'd think you was uhhhmmm... crazy! :razz

Now help me out here, NAFTA and putting China on the "Most favored trade nation list" came under WHICH administration??? Go ahead you can say it, really I know you can. B I L L Y B O B C L............... :laughing

:LMAO: Come on man, they ALL made a HUGE chit sammich, how bigga bite you wanna carve off of it for you and yours??? :wink
RA

ps
FannieMae and FreedieMac were and always have been the Dams PET PROJECT! If the chips fall in the right slots you'll see the big Dams like Chuck Shumey, Frank and co. go to jail over that fiasco!!!

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

Somebody call Oz and tell him to change his password cuz some dirty democrat is obviously loggin in and posting with his user ID. :help

JR

I recently saw a non political survey of taypayers and the way that they vote.
The 49% who pay NO taxes vote Democrat over 2 to 1. The ones that pay some taxes and vote Democrat were Democrat supported/protected groups like Unions [Government, Teachers, Trade, Transportation].

The true middle class who pay taxes and get nothing back were mostly voting Republican. The "Elites" in the top .5% vote Democrat since they stand to gain from bailouts and subsidies too.

The "Takers" also do not support the Military since that is more money that could be spent on themselves.

America is divided between givers and takers and their party affiliation identifies them...

Interesting snapshot of America Today.

Just remember that Ancient Greece was a true democracy that collapsed when the citizens discovered they could vote themselves free room and board.