Unimog's enclosed XB21 trailer!!!

RedAllison

Ok Uni saw the pics on TOS. Have you launched it yet? LOVE the work you did and Lord knows that's DA CATS PJs X10!!! Talk about ultimate protection and security.

But my only question is how will it launch on a steep ramp or one that is extremely shallow where you have to back way in? Just by looking at that pic I would think the motor would hit the top of the trailer.

Answers my man, we need answers. :beer:
RA

Attachments

GotMyAlly

I like the heck outta that. That could be my solution to no garage space for a 2nd boat.......

I bet the gas mileage pulling that thing would SUCK though.

Make it difficult to wash the boat too!

Meyers

I love the trailer...just the same question as RA...I would be afraid that the motor would not clear on a steep ramp...would love to see pictures of you launching it!

Unimog

I've only tried it a couple of times but you obviously have to be careful. With the front door open you can see the boat and the water coming in. Like launching off a regular trailer you watch for the boat to start floating. As soon as it does I stopped and released the winch and the boat will slide out. A steep ramp is the most challenging obviously. I'll try and get some pics of the launching.

RICKM

My boss has a sooner trailer just like the one in the picture. They are great trailers made of all alum. Steep ramps are a challange and getting the boat in is tight.there are carpeted pads on the side to help with scuffs. Towing is not that bad the frt of those trailers form a v to help break thru the air.

The Whip

I really like that idea. I hope it works out Kyle. I could have used that driving 13 hours in rain to Guntersville.

Manny
BasSport Pro
300XS

RedAllison

Cool....Need some detailed pics from the inside please.
Believe he said the bunks can be slid in the mounts to fit another boat (tho WHY when you own a 21 would you want anything else? :big grin )

Still wonder about steep launches but for sure lockin up and keepin ya baby safe onda road is TO COOL FOR SCHOOL. :at the bar
RA

Attachments

Yellowallison

NEAT!!!! for sure :beer:

I've seen some enclosed bassboat trailers that the roof slid forward to allow the motor to clear :very happy

believe they was Sooner trailer.

etnprop

a few years back somebody was making one that was fiberglass and had a hinged lid on the front and hydraulic lift on the back... real slick and light weight but never caught on