Two pissers

whipper

Q I saw a 225 promax with pissers coming right off each t-Stat then right out the back. No other hoses. Is there any dis or add vantage to this? Never seen this setup. mine is conventional 1 pisser lots of routing around. Looks clean. i want to try this but also dont want to get stuck in the lake with a blown motor.:big grin Hears a pic of the setup in talking about. Its a motor for sale. http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/buddyroe-88/F21B4DC1-2D21-42E8-A8C8-FB143C4A68FC-6526-000006ABEB64C7FE_zpse637b138.jpg

h2oskiier30

Chances are real good he's running that on a one piece plate with restrictor washers instead of thermostats.

whipper

Chances are real good he's running that on a one piece plate with restrictor washers instead of thermostats.
So is there any advantage to this setup? The restrictor plate is that were the T-stats goes. Can I buy a restrictor plate or do ya make them? Ive never tryed any other cooling types or payed much attention to this. ive heard of washers going in there. Is there a diagram of this type of setup or pics you can think of? I want to try something different.

SLOmofo

The more exits=less water pressure and faster flow through the block. Higher pressure forces the water against the in side walls of the block and slower flow=better heat transfer. From what I've been told that's why F-1 race car engines have very high water pressure=keeps water against areas that would other wise over heat and boil the coolant.

tomoad

i had my promax routed like that, I never had any issues with heat or water pressure and it was on 2 pc plate.

fnshrmaster

http://www.us1.cc/racingcoolingsystem.html. Here is everything you need to know for that type of cooling system.

A friend of mine ran that setup on a 200 and stuck a piston. I would be afraid to run that setup on a steel bore. Procomp hit the nail on the head, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Are you going to put a big block on that GS Whipper?

tcs719

question... Thermostat is only going to allow so much water threw it. with it open or closed. am I right or wrong. The with two pissers at least you can see if the thermostats are working correctly. Please school me

whipper

http://www.us1.cc/racingcoolingsystem.html. Here is everything you need to know for that type of cooling system.

A friend of mine ran that setup on a 200 and stuck a piston. I would be afraid to run that setup on a steel bore. Procomp hit the nail on the head, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Are you going to put a big block on that GS Whipper?
BB is the plan been looking for the right drop on the last couple of days. Unless a real good deal comes across for a 250xs or 300xs with a SM Im going 300X or 300PM and get the 15inch Taylor mid SS style 3.0 to 2.5. Then buy a 15 inch SM or some sorta top secret gearcase:big grin Mike Nass cowl and clamp stuff. One thing about going 300X/PM is I can use my existing wiring and guages at least. Then when the bigger boat comes I can go drop on 300xs because by then there will be more available than right now for a better price is the way Im thinking anyway.

Im just bored playing around with stuff on the Boat in the warm heated garage because it 35deg F out right now and rain/snowing out.:gasp Buy the time i finish fantasizing with my GS she will have wings and a jet engine on her!!:twisted evil

h2oskiier30

As cold as your water stays up there, whipper, I'd leave it as it. That setup is more for folks spinning over 7000 constantly.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
t-stat--use a quarter (coin) with a hole drilled in it. Usually around a 1/8 to 3/16. Where is your hillbilly self?

whipper

As cold as your water stays up there, whipper, I'd leave it as it. That setup is more for folks spinning over 7000 constantly.
Yes I run over 7000 consistently. Usually 7200-7400 every pass. Ill warm it up then its wot all the time from idle. I mostly make 5 or 6 passes at wot down my same tracks practicing 1/4 mile runs. Then Ill stop for a while untill lake calms down and write down all the data then do it again. Thats all I do since im usually buy my self on the lakes up hear. For the 3 weeks on Vacation its longer extend runs on a big lake looking for calm to spin up to 7000+. The water on that lake is very warm. Usually around 80+ on the surface. The water demps on my home lake are getting cooler now but its a small lake and the 100 deg summers heats up the lake pretty warm also. Any big lake lakes i may go to stay fairly cool in even in the summer because there so deep.

Motors getting tired so heat is becoming an issue because of things loosening up. Pulling the power head off after tomorrows run probably as the weather is getting to hit and miss. There will be winter soon im afraid. i just bought a big tote to ship the motor off for some work. im just trying to figure out the differences in cooling mods. Thanks for all the input. Im probably best off running t-Stats as there is varying water temperatures I run.

whipper

t-stat--use a quarter (coin) with a hole drilled in it. Usually around a 1/8 to 3/16. Where is your hillbilly self?
Thats the trick Ive heard of doing the hole is dependent on the cooling requirements. I think Ill just discuss all this with the builder based on the added HP and mods.

2003225X

Thats the trick Ive heard of doing the hole is dependent on the cooling requirements. I think Ill just discuss all this with the builder based on the added HP and mods.
Thought you were buying a 3L??

whipper

Thought you were buying a 3L??

Numbers aren't adding up yet and I need to do something now time is running out on the Promax.:gasp Gota spin 7500-8000 rpm and come in a little lighter or my 225 promax built will eat a 300xs alive on my boat. I was hoping the mods would be a little higher revving then what being Done and weight getting closer to the 400lb mark. Maybe next year they will figure that out? Right now ya get 335HP, 6800rpm DBR Stage1, for $2000 more a light cowl and for $1500 a 15inch into 2.5 ratcheting case setup. All that is after $10000+ for just the motor and still be slower than my 225pm after a little freshening up and more mods. Price is an object and things are still to new with these motors. Untill I see some modded 300xs motors with over 1000hrs on them spinning 7000+ rpm Ill hold off for awhile. Dont need a money pit. Got a very reliable 97mph boat right now and 100+ coming soon. :big grin

racerx

Whipper ran my promax Monday did 100mph with a 24 pitch prop motor only has 140lbs compression,16 amp flywheel and a tuned a6 box with a non rev fuel curve great all around motor with lots of holeshot for what it is...