TRY new 24 in the morning

mdevrow

Finally got my 24 yamaha back,new satin finish, thinned and hope it will work in the 1/8 or 1/4 will test tommorrow. Bout time!

mdevrow

Tried to run the 24, 1st changed lower from 200 to SM ran had water pump problem, rebuilt waterpump-gaskets-impellar-restricker plate not sure of its name was missing. Water pressure but not enough,found hose blown off head-check tubes impellar water pump. Ran still not enough 5 to 10 lbs thats it, was suggested to pull the side plates found wood lots of it stuck in the side plate and the vertical tube to the sideside plate dug it out- ran again water pressure on new Sport Master rapped the 35# gauge finally after starting at daylight got to take a spin the 24 drag test will have to happen another day.
S it happens. Grateful I got it fixed, putting another HP carrier in the 200 GC for a spare.
Some days this High Performance thing is OVERRATED don't you love it?

xb03

35psi wow? I see about 15psi wot of water pressure on mine. Was the water clean, I may go this wknd.

mdevrow

Water pressure running 15 to 20# at around 70 to 80MPH not sure on exact speeds but high speeds 100+ it went past 35 lbs. May have to close off some of the pickups, have done that in the past to regulate the pressure at high speeds.After going through the lower several times in one day in and out at the ramp I was glad to see water pressure, little motor runs cool new pump,impellar, every gasket, pickup tubes ,clean cut sport master will have to fine tune it . Running this motor fairly high maybe 1 1/2" above it had a small porpoise at speed like a floating porpoise in and out the 200 case did not do this ,will get some more time on this lower and make some adjustments.