trophy props

bullwhipjkg

question fo rthe ones that run the trophys i just got a 26 allison cut trophy where do yall run prop shaft at when runnin these i have heard they are prone to cracking any way

i normally run with shaft level with bottom of boat and thats fishin racin what ever but thats with my yamaha drag props

F2008

150 Evinrude, now a 175 with Titus lower, stock pad, loaded to fish -

I run my 27 1/2" above. Ran a 26 for a while (rev to high) no blade problems with either. 4 PVS plugs w/ the mid size holes gives pretty good holeshot.

F2008

Stock 150?

Mine as a 150....
27 Trophy, 77 mph
28 Hydromotive, 78 mph
then it seized .....

as a 175,
top end to be announced...

bullwhipjkg

yea stock 150 with a 26 yamaha drag and a 200 case with a bobs it would run 82-84 depending on load all day long 200 case went to junk so got the new gearcase and gonna try a trophy to ease up on my drag props some

hullbilly

Hey Justin,

When I first got my boat and you and I used to play around with topend in the river, I was running a 26 Trophy at even with the pad.

bullwhipjkg

that where im gonna start at even and see how it goes but it only runs 50 with tha top up the mariner just came back to life bout 10 minutes ago just finish reriggin everything lots of cleanup and tie straps:help:help:gone fishing

Last edited:

F2008

yea stock 150 with a 26 yamaha drag and a 200 case with a bobs it would run 82-84 depending on load all day long 200 case went to junk so got the new gearcase and gonna try a trophy to ease up on my drag props some
:embarassed Guess my buddy's right, I carry to much crap with me.

I was hoping to reach 80 ...... before I went to a Merc 225 :laughing

bullwhipjkg

:embarassed Guess my buddy's right, I carry to much crap with me.

I was hoping to reach 80 ...... before I went to a Merc 225 :laughing
if it makes ya feel anybetter i took the 15' 150 off and put my 20" 2.4 200 on it and loaded to fish it would only run 77

on my hydrostream the 200 runs 85-86 with 2 people no problem

whipper

I tried lots of hights and found with my trophy just a shade below even works best. trophys arnt surface running Props so if ya run them high like above the pad they will not last as long I heard. Mine is an old beat up one that loves my boat so I love it back.:big grin

Joshua

Anyone anyone.......

I've never seen a ally cut trophy but ran a buddies 27 box stock trophy the other day. I got 95.5 out of it and I'm sure with a little engine height adjustment and what not I could get more.

I did have a chance to run a ally cut chopper for a little while and have been thinking about getting another one. Maybe I should try the Ally trophy first.

What do you guys think?

Here's the 27 trophy runnin. It did pretty good. I think it needed a little more bite out the hole. I hear those DAH worked trophys r supposed to be pretty good but I've always wanted to run one worked from Allison.

GotMyAlly

I've seen an allison cut trophy come back with 2 cracked blades after a single 2 mile run. I won't run one for that reason. It's just a matter of time before they lose an ear.

mignumspeed

hey dude you can probly get ready to go to the prop shop i've got a 27 ally cut and it has cracked out twice on me with very little time on it,but the last time i had it welded it has held up good.i run mine around even with the pad,the cut makes it a good all around prop but if i were u i would carry a back up,they cut lots metal off those props!

whipper

1/4 below is the highest a Trophy should be run on an a Allison if you want it to last. Ive run an old 25 Trophy for 4 years 90% of the time and the prop was old then. 84mph about 20 times today 1/4 below at 7200rpm. I use it for tubbing and skiing all the time about 4 days a week or more and never had a problem with it.
For max effictiancy Trophys are not a surfaceing prop. They are a semi surface prop. Even is to high. You can get maybe 1-2 mph more if you run even compared to a 1/4 below. I ran one pass at even today just for kicks and all I got was a little mph for the 200 more rpm. At 1/4 below you just need one more bump on the trim more than running even to get close to the same speeds. Thats what Ive found on Dead calm water running back and forth for hours tweeking things. The 27 Trophy seems to be the most popular Trophy on Allisons. If ya go to the owners page and start looking up XB2003 225 owners profiles youll see over half the props listed they use are 27 trophys. I think a Trophy is hard to beat bang for the buck. Just ask Darris he runs 27 Trophys alot for a baseline on most of his new hulls. His new in the making 24ft GS ran 87 with a 27 Trophy and a 225PM her first run out. As you can tell im a bit of a Trophy advocit only because Ive sold every other prop Ive ever bought but wont sell my beat up old trophy because its so darn reliable. Very consistant allways.:big grin

bullwhipjkg

my 26 runs 77 at 6100 and is a great cruising fuel sipping prop on the ally im prob a 1/4 below rite know and that is with fishing load and my boat never breaks 80 on our lake anyway can bring it home to the brackish river and it always runs over 80 and i keep a spare in boat

poorboy

Since it might throw a blade and your concerned about how to run it I think you should "run it six inches away from the tailate in the bed of your truck", "run" it on over to my house, drop it off and pick up the $50.00 I have to purchase it from you?

whipper

Since it might throw a blade and your concerned about how to run it I think you should "run it six inches away from the tailate in the bed of your truck", "run" it on over to my house, drop it off and pick up the $50.00 I have to purchase it from you?
:big grin:big grin I cant seem to remember who cuts Darris,s Trophys? I think its Tim Hackney but I could be wrong on that? I know he uses the same guy all the time for his beloved Trophys with the Ally cut. I dont care what any one says about Trophys. Sure there not ecotic and there a dime a dozen. But they seem to last run a little lower and they work pretty good for how cheep they are. I think Jaco just had them on new for $350. When ya consider most guys get a decent enough number with them thats pretty good. Now would I rather other props? Oh ya for sure!! Id take a 27 Quad4 ot, 28Drag4, 28ET, and a 28 TX-3 over a trophy any day of the week if I could afford them all.:big grin When I can afford one Ill be looking to try a 27 Quad4xob. I need a 23 Trophy in the mean time though in any shape for 200 bucks or less for skiing.:big grin I wouldnt stress an expensive prop skiing. Trophys have good following for what they do. They just do everything pretty good, maybe not great but good. BTW I dont think I would spend 200 bucks working a Trophy into an Ally cut. Thats just me. I would spend that kind of money on sending a Chopper for a Knob cut or an Off Shore cut before I worked a Trophy. But to each there owne.

ally2dextreme

We have run 101.8 with two 250 plus lb men on the new 21 with a 28 trophy,ally cut,give billy a call at performance props and he will hook you up.