Trim Question

RoseXB03

Sometimes my blinker trim and bow switch will not trim up but trim down fine, Shifter and motor trim seem good both ways. It does it off and on but seemed to be worse the other day. Where is my best option to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

B HEBERT

You should have two trim relays under the hood of the motor. Swap them. If the will not trim down, bad relay.

allimax

Sometimes my blinker trim and bow switch will not trim up but trim down fine, Shifter and motor trim seem good both ways. It does it off and on but seemed to be worse the other day. Where is my best option to start troubleshooting?

Thanks
Remember, the blinkers were put in after the original build at least I would bet. Check out the crimp connections to the right up under the console. Follow he wires out from the blinkers and if like mine they will be just normal crimps. I would re-do these with the new crimp & seal units or solder & heat shrink with the glue filler like I did. The other possibility would be the trim cylinder leaking down. Trim the motor up on the trailer and see if it's dropped over night. One other possibility would be the relays. You should have 2, one up & one down, try switching them & see what happens.

brotherxb03

it isn't your relay if the control box trim works all the time its a bad connection on your blinker switch or the switch itself.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
it isn't your relay if the control box trim works all the time its a bad connection on your blinker switch or the switch itself.
That is what I thot too. Until mine quit working at the throttle too. It was intermitent and ended up being the solenoids this summer.

whipper

Mine was acting up for a couple years. Intermittent. Then I was replacing the battery and noticed a wire out of the bullet buy the battery box? i left it out changed the battery then went to trim up and nothing. Then I went and plugged it back in and had trim!! All this time the bullet was half falling out but not out so never thought to check that looked OK. Never had a problem since. So check all bullet connectors for sure. You have to have a good connection. there pretty robust units and mines the original trim since 96 the year of the motor. So its probably just a loose connection some were if its intermittent. Ya wiggle somthing bounce down the road or water and it works again. That can make the connection make contact again till the next bump.