Trim Issues

Flyman

Kinda new at this, but trying to learn. I'm having issues with the trim on a 225 Pro Max, specifically it will not raise, only lower. I reversed (swapped one to the other) the relays and the trim worked just fine. Placed the relays back to original configuration and same issue resulted, will lower but not raise. The contacts were not coroded and visibly looked fine. Maybe I'm missing something here, but can anyone explain this, if the raise relay were bad, why did it work in the lower circuitry? Over the past couple of years I've gleaned a lot of great info on this site, wish I were knowledgeable enough to contribute guess I'm just a stalker. Thanks

GotMyAlly

Flyman

Flyman

Thanks GotMyAlly, good advice since the relays are relatively inexpensive and my time is valuable.

Bought the relays and guess what, same issue. Upon much closer inspection I noticed a small amount of discoloration on the back of the wiring harness connection to the raise relay and a discolored wire, time for a new trim wiring harness. Ever learning. I believe I've taken up the only hobby more expensive than golf, but it's going to be lots of fun, now if I can just learn to drive a really fast boat.

Flyman

Throw an extra 50 lbs on the port side to help you learn to drive , it helps .
I've now got a 30 lb. bag of lead shot that I'll move around until I maybe find the sweet spot, but like Steve said I need to get it wet to learn to drive it. Trim is working now, had to replace the trim harness, no excuses now not to be on the water.