trailer tire balancing

BigRedAlli

I do mine, only because I can do it free at work. No weights on the outside though. I use stick-on weights on the inside.

citabriatom

I never used to balance trailer tires until a friend pointed this out:an unbalanced tire can set up a vibration,especially at high speed.Just because you can't feel it through the trailer hitch doesn't mean that's it's not happening.I just do the cheapo static balance.Besides,this isn't a utility trailer loaded with horse sh!t,it's your Allison!!!!

Last edited:

F2008

Always balanced my trailer tires past and present. Figured it would cut down on tire & bearing wear and give the load a better ride. :cool

BGohr

The real question is "why wouldn't you" tires need to be balanced for long life and wear, so why don't you balance them, as well, when you'r edriving down the road at 80 and your big 18 or 20" tires on your truck are going 80 and your 14" trailer tires are going 95 why wouldn't you???? The answer is, you balance your truck tires because you can feel it, balance your trailer tires because your boat does..............

GotMyAlly

If I was buying new tires, I would definitely have that done.

I don't think the dealership that mounted my wheels/tired did though. That's what spurred the question.