trailer options

brotherxb03

I'm going to talk to a Champion trailer place in slidell about this. As long as the out side bunks are verticale and adjustable I don't see a problem.
You know it's a shame Boatmate doesn't coat there trailers better because I really like the design and lay out of the trailer. I know a painted trailer is more maintence,but I have never seen water blisters get under the finish like on my trailer. And I just go ahead and blast and paint it but the inside of the frame is rusted bad.

Butch Leslie

I spoke to a man at our Loluisiana Sportsman Show, and he said that he could make one out of aluminum that would have all stainless hardware. He would make it out of channel or tubeing, my choice. I have seen one posted that he made, and it looked great. I didn't get a price, but I am sure it would be expensive, but maintenance free except for the bearings. There are other options out there. Butch Leslie

brotherxb03

I talked to this guy Craig that I met at rosethorn lanch that drags a STV and he said a few of his friends got a aluminum trailer made useing their existing axle and wheels for 1500, he said they look nice. I might go check it out before buying a champion trailer. The guy is just about 5 minutes from my house and also builds aluminum boats out of his garage. If you are in metaire you might know the location,He is off the lafitte larose highway.

Yellowallison

Amera-trail............. if yu wont a sweet looking all aluminum boatmate lookalike.. trailer..

He building a custom one right now for my new Young boat..

just a nuther option..

allisondog69

ALLOY?

I HEARD THE ALUMNUM TRAILERS HAVE A TENDENCY TO CRACK AND BREAK. IS THIS TRUE, JUST WHAT I HAVE HEARD, CAUSE I WAS GOING TO GET ONE.

B HEBERT

I had a trailer made by the guy in Lafitte. I'll try to post a picture of it. It looks great and am very happy with it.

allisondog69

no one trying to sell m anything was just a comment i heard and wasn't sure, would rather have a aluminum one forthe weight and rust proof.