Torque Shift prop

xr6

I tried one of these on my GS with a 225pm this weekend...it is amazing out of the hole pulling a slalom skier. Only took it up to 50 mph or so but it didn't feel near as nice as my Hydromotive ot27 (I dropped the engine 3" to try it). I'm considering buying it...has anyone heard of durability or set up issues with these props?

Thanks

jeffk2

I ran one before I got the grand sport on a baja 186 sport, glastron intimidator I/o
350, glastron cvx 20 sprint. They are an engineering marvel and incredibly fun. They
will rocket you out of the hole. They don't really add to top end. Now the bad, they do not like to be surfaced it will hurt the springs and cams. They require a lot of tweaking which I liked.
For the boats that don't run low water pick up and jack plates they are a blast and not much will beat you apples to apples. My cousin ran one on his stratos 186 vt with a 200 merc. That this was about the fastest boat around (not many fast boat on our lake ) then I got my grand sport, with a 200 fishin motor not even a race with a 25 trophy. Then I got the 225 pm he retired his boat to a ski prop. With my 225 pm and a 25 trophy ( small lake ) I don't really need better whole shot. I can beat my uncles 260 super charged seadoo just over 1/4 mile
Once that gs breaks over it just flys. I never thought I would catch him but it was like he was on a rubber band coming back.

xr6

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems like a great prop for skiing on the GS but surfacing may be an issue. I dropped the prop shaft to 3" below the pad (that was as far as the manual plate would allow me to drop it). I normally run the ot27 at 1/4" below the pad. Is 3" below still considered surfacing?